Volt - right job, right time, right now
Volt provides award-winning contract and permanent recruitment services, and managed service programmes. We have grown our services to provide innovative staffing solutions across a range of industries and skill areas, including IT & Telecoms, Digital Entertainment, Engineering, Finance and Life Sciences.
Our vision is simple: connecting talented people and respected companies across Europe.
Volt Europe - DB2 Administrator
Our client, a global leader of the finance and settlement sector is looking to hire an IT Infrastructure Project Leader for a long-term project, based in the heart of Brussels.
- Corporate Technology plans, builds and runs the global infrastructure of our client, and is additionally responsible for the IT service management to the operating entities of the various Group markets.
- Corporate Technology operates its IT systems and IT services in such a way that, at an appropriate and benchmarked cost level, it can deliver the agreed levels of service to support the requirements of the business processes, for both normal operations and during disaster recovery.
- The Data Services team is in charge of the DB2, Oracle and MS SQL Server Database infrastructures as well as the Business Intelligence & Analytics infrastructures.
- The team takes care of the installation, configuration of the software as well as the support of the production, test and development systems. It also provides technical guidelines and participates in design reviews, working in close collaboration with project leaders and development teams.
- The team ensures the stability, performance and security of the infrastructure and manages the software versioning and patching.
Your part of the deal
The candidate will be a member of the team in charge of the DB2 for Z/OS infrastructure.
This team is responsible for:
- Providing technical support for the database environment, including support of the production but also supporting the development and enhancement of applications;
- Helping to achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, highest reliability and performance possible;
- Software installation and configuration;
- Release management;
- Day-to-day administration of the infrastructure;
- Disaster recovery plans;
- Defining standards and guidelines;
- Replication of data;
- Performance tuning;
- Research & Development: Assessment and implementation of new technologies and providing IT with a long-term perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities.
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the management of the databases.
Please note that this position includes participation in the watch duty role (24/24 on call for a total of about 7/10 days/month) and travel to our offices in Paris (occasionally).
- Technical skills:
- Proven administration experience working with:
- DB2 for Z/OS
- Q Replication
- DB2 Connect (client & GateWay) on Windows Servers
- QMF for Workstation and QMF for WebSphere interfaces on Windows Servers
- Strong operational focus including security, patch revision control, performance management and tuning and high availability.
- JCL, REXX/PL1/ASM, ISPF, DFSort, CA7/OPC, DB2 Administration & Monitoring tool, SMP/E, ...
- Some experience with IBM InfoSphere Data Replication (IIDR) (installation, configuration & usage) is a plus.
- Some experience with SAS (installation, configuration & usage) is a plus.
- Some experience with other RDBMS like SQL Server and/or Oracle is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Windows Operating Systems.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French or Dutch can be an asset.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Soft skills:
- Complexity & problem solving: Handles standard situations covering known domains of expertise. Proposes process and procedure improvements within domain of expertise.
- Decision making: Might rely on existing processes and policies to make decisions but also uses knowledge and expertise to support the decision process in own domain. Proposes step improvements within the operational domain.
- Strategic approach and impact: Focuses on execution in own domain expertise. Runs and maintains the operational process.
- Autonomy and leadership: Works autonomously within own domain of expertise. Independently, co-ordinates and plans activities within given constraints. Uses expertise to challenge the goals and scope of new requests and evaluates the impact of these new requirements. Contributes to defining the implementation method for a set of products / services / solutions / applications in known domain of expertise.
- Strong team player, flexible and pro-active.
- Job location: Brussels
- Start Date: ASAP