Volt - right job, right time, right now
Volt provides award-winning contract and permanent recruitment services, and managed service programmes. We have grown our services to provide innovative staffing solutions across a range of industries and skill areas, including IT & Telecoms, Digital Entertainment, Engineering, Finance and Life Sciences.
Our vision is simple: connecting talented people and respected companies across Europe.
Volt Europe - Remote Support Engineer
- Job location: Brussels North
- Start Date: ASAP
- Contract duration: 6 months
Our client is one of the leading financial company and is in charge to put into relation national and international banks.
To enforce the Remote Support team, they are looking for a Support Specialist.
The Remote Support team is responsible for the deployment and maintenance of applications delivered via Citrix, VDI and Workstations and the underlying infrastructure. The team delivers second line support to end-users and the onsite support teams across all entities.
- Deploy applications, debug and solve related problems on Citrix and Workstations
- Manage patching for applications and operating systems
- Provide application support for our internal client base
- Maintain and monitor the infrastructure components
- Report on application deployment progress and baseline compliancy
- Incident, request and problem management
- Apply standard operating procedures and actively contribute to continuously improve operational processes
- Be ready to be part of a watch duty rotation
Skills & Experience
- You have minimum 5 years of experience in a Windows end-user environment, with specialization in application delivery
- You have advanced SCCM experience including baseline management and custom reporting
- You have experience with SCCM or equivalent Software distribution solution
- You have an operational knowledge of App-V, Appsense, PowerShell, MSI and other packaging/scripting technologies
- You have administrator experience in a Citrix environment XenApp & XenDesktop
- You have a good knowledge of IT Security Principals and overall understanding of IT Service Management
- You have sufficient knowledge of the common office applications to be able to deliver application support to end-users
- You have excellent problem-solving skills and are able to do in-depth troubleshooting of application issues (MSI technology, read and understand installation log files, ...), by interpreting the problem in its context and systematically looking for additional information to solve it ?
- You can express well-founded opinions and positions and understanding their consequences.
- You have a customer oriented attitude with good communication skills both written and verbally
- You are a team player. You strongly believe that being part of a team is a strength
- You are fluent in French/English or Dutch/English