ADE is currently looking for a JUNIOR IT SUPPORT EXPERT for EU's Knowledge Sharing Platform Capacity4dev
ADE is a private consultancy company based near Brussels. It supports decision-makers in formulating, monitoring, implementing and evaluating public policy choices in various fields.
ADE has three main areas of specialisation: public policy evaluation, assistance to macroeconomic
reforms and to regional development, and rural development and environment. Its
main clients are international institutions and agencies, bilateral and multilateral development
organisations, and national public institutions.
ADE is currently looking for a Junior IT Support Expert for the EU's programme MKS (Methodological and Knowledge Sharing Support Programme) in Brussels and more specifically for DEVCO's knowledge sharing platform Capacity4dev which falls within this programme. Capacity4dev.eu is DEVCO's Drupal-based corporate knowledge sharing community platform for development practitioners. It has a working membership of Drupal 20,000 people from the European Commission, EU Delegations, Member States, the UN, think tanks and various development organisations from around the world. Designed as an online resource for sharing information on development issues, its overall objective is to improve the quality of aid and better contribute to the development of capacities.
The majority of activity takes place within the platform's groups. There are currently more than 200 public and private groups, which act as thematic information repositories. In these groups members share information, upload documents, announce and report on events, and so on.
ADE is looking for a Junior IT Support Expert to work on the Capacity4dev platform. Effectively support the development and maintenance of capacity4dev, including the timely provision of assistance to users and other members of the coordination team, is an important part of the job.
Overview of the key tasks
- Providing support to the developments of capacity4dev by assisting with the follow-up of usability tasks, new features, preparation and participation of workshops and meetings, overseeing developments, testing delivered developments according to requirements and quality standards
- Maintenance support: creation of tickets and follow-up, testing of the developments and performance
- User Support: 1st level of contact for users with technical issues, creating support tickets and follow up:
- Helpdesk support and management of the Help section of the website
- Daily monitoring of spammers: Systematic check of members and content according to the platform guidelines
- Statistical follow-up: you provide reports on statistics of the site
Qualifications and essential skills
- Master's degree in IT/KM or equivalent
- At least 3 year of experience of which at least 2 years of successful experience in the development of websites and 1 year in content management support on the web
- Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) as an administrator (preferably Drupal 7 or similar)
- Experience working with community platforms
- Fluent in English and preferably in French as well
- At least 1 year experience in Drupal 7 or similar
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Knowledge of Drupal cooperation or experience with the EU institutions
You are a hardworking and willing team player, supporting colleagues with various aspects of the programme.
- The successful applicant will work within a small team at ADE's Brussels office, and work closely with staff in DEVCO
- A challenging job in an international environment and within a company with highly-developed expertise and consultancy experience
- The possibility of developing your skills as Junior IT Support Expert
- Category: IT Support
- Experience: Junior (3 Years +)
- Location: Brussels, Belgium
- Duration: The assignment will start as soon as possible with a duration of at least one year renewable one year
- Only candidates complying with the above minimum criteria will be taken into account
Please send your CV and a motivation letter via the button below, by 29/09/2017.
An answer will be given only to the shortlisted applicants.