Gentis is a Belgian recruitment company headquartered in Brussels and providing permanent staffing as well as project sourcing solutions worldwide in multiple sectors.
The client is a leading multinational company, that is very known within the sector it operates.
You will work as part of a scrum team to validate the quality of delivered stories through description and execution of test plans, with focus on test automation, for the distributed management platforms.
The goal is to increase test automation, and as such, reduce manual work and the time-to-market while securing the historical reliability of the platform, using a continuous delivery model in a reactive microservice environment build upon scala and java, akka, AngularJs, Kafka and Cassandra.
* Elaborate the Story to get key examples and risk to the surface
* Describe, review and execute Acceptance Criteria for new stories
* Guard non-regression by writing and maintaining automated business focused tests, through UI-test automation (cucumber-selenium) and/or API testing (cucumber-Java)
* Execute manual testing where automation is not appropriate
* Assess the quality and risks of stories that are assigned to you before deployment
* Work in close collaboration with the scrum team and the QA lead to accomplish the above
You will also:
* Collaborate with other testers to ensure features are assessed across scrum teams, components or sub-systems boundaries
* Contribute to, and leverage from your peers' knowledge, practices and testware
* Continuously learn and improve to get best in class testing practices applied
* Expert knowledge of, and experience with testing complex workflows in a microservice architecture
* Experience in a continuous delivery/deployment environment
* Experience with abstract test definition for either UI or API driven scenarios, applying BDD or DSL
* Technical skills to execute basic operations on relational databases and Linux
* Capable of reading and understanding source code written in procedural, objectoriented and/or functional languages such as java, scala and python
* Capable of maintaining and extending automated tests for UI or API based functional test scenario's
* Experience with Cucumber and Selenium
* Fluent in English
Location: Antwerp, easily accessible by public transport
Benefits: Flexible working hours and 2 days remote working
Duration: 12 months