Do you want to give a boost to your career by joining one the fastest growing players in the cyber-security eco-system? Do you want to strengthen your experience by performing stimulating consulting missions and highly-secure development projects?
In 2018 we are hiring more than 30 new colleagues. You could become one of them!
Our people & practices
- Our team is composed of 60+ certified professionals. We continuously invest in our talents and develop the skills of our people. Our people use the best technologies to be even more effective.
- At Approach, we organize and share our expertise and knowledge per communities. Depending on your profile, you will contribute to one or several “Practices”: Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC), Cyber-Security and Secure Delivery.
Your Role and responsibilities
- In the context of our fast-growing company, we are looking for a Java Architect to integrate our Secure Delivery practice. You will take part in stimulating consulting assignments and secure development projects for key customers in the Belgian and international market.
- Being are a key player in the development of complex IT projects, you design and develop high quality secure software, assuring the highest possible stability, performance and maintainability.
- Your role will consist of several activities, among which:
- Translate the business requirements from the product owner into technical requirements.
- Design and improve the system architecture in accordance to the highest industry standards.
- Maintain the architecture documentation and ensure it is understood by team members, mentoring them as required.
- Participate in definition of APIs to be used by mobile / front-end teams and partners.
- Collaborate with technical experts on specific topics such as security and performance.
- Develop your competencies and level of expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions.
- Capitalise on the experience acquired within the Practice.
- Utilise or learn the tools or methodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to the development of these tools and methodologies.
- Respect the confidentiality of both client and company information.
- Be recognised as being trustworthy by your project leader or client: precision of information, respect of the commitments, quality of the work, respect the deadlines, adequate reporting, ...
Required Qualifications & Experience
- You have:
- At least 5 years of work experience in Java/JEE software development and 2 years in an architect role is a must
- At least a basic knowledge of information security and application security concepts
- Experience with SOA and/or micro services architecture
- Experience working in Agile teams (mainly Scrum)
- FR-EN or NL-EN (trilingual is a plus)
- Considered as a plus:
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Spring, WSO2, etc.
- Experience working in DevOps teams
- Usage of tools such as Docker, Ansible or Vagrant
- Practical experience with security mechanisms such as OpenID, OAuth2, digital signatures, SAML, PKI, etc.
- Organized and self-driven
- Fully autonomous: able to prioritize activities, plan and execute
- Pro-active / curious
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Uncompromising integrity
To well-qualified and motivated candidates, we offer:
- An opportunity to develop functional and technical skills and expertise in an area of specialization such as secure development, software security, etc.
- A unique chance to be a real active part in the development of a successful company (entrepreneurial mind-set)
- A positive challenge in a professional but still human and dynamic business environment
- An attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package, including maximum benefit possibilities
- The advantages of a relatively small structure in terms of direct communication, flexibility, dynamism and fast decision-making, combined with the financial strength and stability of larger structures, active worldwide, thanks to our solid shareholders' base
- Our headquarters is located in a traffic jam free zone: AXIS Parc next to Louvain-la-Neuve, in an innovative and green Business Centre with all facilities: restaurants, fitness, nursery, etc.