Our client in Brussels is looking for a Functional Analyst willing to ocasionally work in Antwerp.
The purpose of the function
The FA (Functional Analyst) will work on Sales and Marketing related projects. These projects are necessary for our business and need to be achieved quickly and accurately.The FA will therefore analyze and translate the "requirements" in a functional design, taking into account the context (the existing architecture, technical possibilities and limitations ...). The FA also implements and maintains specific applications, provides end user support within his / her scope. The most important tools in this context are: EA and Jira.
- Review the high level business requirements (written by the business), challenge the business on the required solution
- Make the detailed requirements
- Propose alternative solutions to the business
- Participate in defining, weighing and checking the scope of the project
- Make sure that there is a validation on the changes
2. Functional analysis
- Take responsibility regarding the quality of the functional design
- Search for the necessary information, organize if necessary reviews
- Determine the potential functional changes and / or improvements to the subsystems.
- For more complex projects perform functional analysis of the systems in cooperation with the business representatives.
3. Technical design
- Align on the development of a manageable system that meets the standards and can be integrated into the landscape of existing IT systems.
- Organize if necessary reviews
- Support the solution design and technical analysis, to check if it meets the functional requirements
- Support on testing once in a while, to assure good quality of delivery
- Working in line with the standards applied within the company to develop applications in a uniform way.
5. Project Support
- For transversal projects possibly provide communication between various stakeholders
- Align with the Scrum Master on the planning according to importance, priority, budget, desired realization date and relevance
- Willing to take ownership of the smaller projects when there is no PM available
- Strong functional background and knowledge (min. 3 years)
- Interest in delivering small, diverse assignments
- Very flexible, Agile mindset and experience in working in a Scrum context
- Very strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Quick learner, can work well independent
Nice to have
- A big plus: knowledge of a Digitalization, Sales or Marketing projects in an Insurance context
- Experience with Enterprise Architect
- Experience with Jira
Language: Perfect NL AND FR AND EN
Place to work: Antwerp & Brussels occasionally