Purpose of the role
The IT Service Desk Technician is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT service desk.
- Act as a service desk contact for tickets, phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries;
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner;
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles;
- To arrange and follow up external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Maintaining an Asset Database and track changes;
- Make new user accounts and mailboxes;
- Create and maintain official helpdesk procedures and documentation (SOP, WI, CL);
- Install and configure PCs, laser printers, label printers, tablets;
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of service desk automations & projects. (PC Imaging, Patch updates & Security updates, Anti-virus rollouts / updates etc...);
- Assist in the maintenance of the desk lay-out and IT solutions provided to end users;
- Escalate unresolved calls to the infrastructure support team;
- Provide stats for the weekly Service Desk report on call trends;
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required.
- Education : Bachelor degree in ICT preferred
- Experience : at least 2 years of work experience in a similar role
Technical/Theoretical knowledge, skills and expertise
- Show initiative, autonomy and good analytical skills;
- Prepared to expand knowledge;
- Creative and proactive;
- Good communication skills;
- Team player, able to work independently;
- Resilient to stress and high pressure.
Software and database applications
- Active Directory and MS Exchange (creation of users and groups), Windows Permissions;
- Good basic knowledge of current hard- and software;
- Good basic knowledge of Windows Operation Systems, MS Office Professional;
- Good basic knowledge of networks.
Languages : Good knowledge, orally and in writing of Dutch and English.
Job specific behavioural competencies
- Planning & organisation - Planning & organization: plans and organizes own work(load) in an effective way by setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Adaptability to change - Embracing change: is open for change and willing to adapt to changing tasks, priorities and unexpected events.
- Resilience - Displays a positive attitude in the face of ambiguity, stress and change.
- Communication & influencing - Communicates with clarity: speaks and writes clearly and to-the-point; active listener.
- Analytical thinking - Gathers information from varied sources, analyzes data in a critical way using common sense and logical thinking.