- You will be part of the “Marketing Analytics and segmentation” team within the Business Intelligence department that is responsible for predictive modelling, customer segmentation, price plan simulations, ...,. The Datawarehouse data are the basis for all this.
- As Data Analyst / Data Engineer within this team, you will support the BI analyst team members by completing and structuring the data they need.
- You make sure new data that are needed by the BI analysts become available in DWH. You launch and follow up on these requests towards the IT department, you help to clarify the requirements, ...
- Once these 'bruto” data are available in DWH, you are responsible to structure them (into business datamarts) so that they become “easy to use” by the BI analysts that are making advanced analytics, predictive models, ...
- You put in place automatic frameworks so that new data can be easily added into the model factory, so that model results can be easily monitored etc.
- You have regular contacts with the IT DWH team, the data governance team and other BI teams to stay in touch of the latest evolutions of the DWH developments within the company.
- Strong knowledge of SQL (Teradata Oracle) - to be used in a Business Intelligence context
- Strong knowledge of database mgnt & Datawarehouse
- Knowledge of Big data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Python, Spark...) is a plus but not the key focus
- Knowledge of Linux / Windows Server (connection, folder creation, software installation, ...), creation of ODBC connections, work in client-server environment, IT infrastructure (support groups, admin rights...)
- Analytical skills - familiar with relational databases - you will not develop predictive models yourself but you have an interest in the domain
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial, self-starter, stress resistant, pro-active, constructive mind-set and fast learner profile.
- Strong communication skills & result oriented
- Languages: Dutch and/or French and English
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree (or equivalent in experience) in IT, quantitative analytics, economics, marketing...).
- Some years of experience in an analytical business environment is a plus
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duration: Contract until end 2018 - with possible extension afterwards (foreseen as a long term mission)
| ||With 400 employees Centric Belgium is a significant player in the Belgian IT market. We are headquartered in Oostkamp (Bruges), with an additional site in Zaventem (Brussels). Centric Belgium serves around 1,000 clients in Belgium, from small and midsize companies to multinationals. |
Centric Belgium's three key competencies are: IT Solutions, offering construction of standard software for markets such as the construction and retail sectors and the supply chain; Systems & Services, providing management and optimisation of systems and infrastructure for medium and large companies; IT Professionals, supplying high-level IT consultants.
| || || |