This is a position with dual role: the BI domain lead will focus on areas such as translating the business requirements into BI functional requirements and manage own BI work package deliverables.
- Understand and analyse the needs of the business. Work on BI demands to define, shape, review and validate requirements to change processes, products and service offerings. Evaluate and recommend solutions to address the identified business requirements to drive business improvements.
- Manage, plan and deliver the BI work package (may be part of a project). Lead a BI sub-team through all the stages of the life-cycle to ensure effective implementation of the BI work package deliverables and to the agreed business objectives.
Core Accountabilities (combined)
- (DL) Elaborates / follows the BI workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions to the Project Manager (E2E responsible)
- (DL) Manage own BI work package deliverables
- (DL) Develops work plans and manages BI workflows to meet timeframes (Scope / estimates / planning)
- (DL) Manage the RAID log (Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies) or escalate as appropriate
- (DL) Supervise the day-to-day activities of assigned BI team members, contribute to their development and provide support and guidance as appropriate
- (DL) Support the research, analysis and information for decision making and provide guidance to sponsors, customers and team members
- (DL) Manage the BI work package's change control process (ensuring limited scope creep)
- (DL) Contribute to the BI work package deliverables in accordance with the established processes, standards, practices and procedures of the Organisation
- (FA) Contribute to the testing, analysis and design requirements and delivery of quality driven test solutions
- (FA) Elicit requirements using a variety of business analysis techniques including; interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, workflow analysis and most importantly BI modelling.
- (FA) Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a process overview and distinguish user requests from the underlying needs.
- (FA) Determine operational objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, evaluating output requirements and formats.
- (FA) Design new solutions by analysing requirements
- (FA) Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers/members to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional Requirements, Business Requirements, and BI conceptual / logical models.
- (FA) Serve as the conduit between the member's community (internal and external customers) and the BI development team.
- (FA) Collaborate with BI developers, Project Manager and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- (FA) A strong understanding of the BI development life-cycle, database concepts and modern BI architecture is required
- (DL/FA) Responsible for the BI application lifecyle (creating stories, managing changes / bugs, ...)
- Minimum 5 years' experience business analysis & Minimum 5 years' experience in BI team leading
- Experience with BI reporting tools (knowledge of Pentaho and MicroStrategy is an asset)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Good attention to detail
- Supports the BI specific Methodology, together with the other colleagues
- Problem solving
- Good presentational skills
- Good planning skills
- Understanding of current BI industry trends and willingness to learn
- Degree level or equivalent
- Experience with post services, express or parcel services
- High quality interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Good presentational skills, English is the common work language
| ||With 400 employees Centric Belgium is a significant player in the Belgian IT market. We are headquartered in Oostkamp (Bruges), with an additional site in Zaventem (Brussels). Centric Belgium serves around 1,000 clients in Belgium, from small and midsize companies to multinationals. |
Centric Belgium's three key competencies are: IT Solutions, offering construction of standard software for markets such as the construction and retail sectors and the supply chain; Systems & Services, providing management and optimisation of systems and infrastructure for medium and large companies; IT Professionals, supplying high-level IT consultants.
| || || |