The DevOps person needs to be a person with a broad knowledge and interest in IT.
- The person will help taking care of the Ipc landscape by investigating issues that arise in Prod and UAT.
- The person will implement metrics inside applications for improvement of the application monitoring
- The person will discuss/propose /review improvements with the application teams with regards to logging, performance, security.
- The person will have to automate the deployment pipeline, prepare development infrastructure for continuous delivery/deployment.
- The person will work across projects to perform deployments towards Dev/Test/UAT/Production
- The person needs to perform system and integration tests on the different environments
- The person will tackle technical impediments that are prohibiting some teams from continuing their development (like setting up local virtual machines using Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, solving issues with GIT flows)
- The person will need to create Jenkins jobs, write Ansible playbooks and scripts to automate manual processes and to monitor systems, applications, endpoints,...
- The person will be in charge for system administration and provisioning of new servers, patching, improving infrastructure
- The person will be working closely with Central IT and Developers and may need to help to solve traditional IT issues (network, database ...) and act as a bridge between the two departments.
- Will participate in technical meetings
- Experience in Java & Maven is mandatory
- Experience in Oracle is mandatory
- Experience in Jenkins is mandatory
- Experience in GIT is mandatory
- Experience in Linux is mandatory/System administration
- Experience in Tomcat is mandatory
- Experience in Agile Methodologies is mandatory
- Experience in scripting is important, specifically Groovy, Bash, Python & Perl
- Experience with monitoring software, like Nagios/Icinga2 is important
- Experience in Vagrant is important
- Experience in Docker is important
- Experience in Ansible is important
- Experience in GitLab is important
- Experience with using/scripting Rest & similar APIs
- Experience with JSON data structures
- Experience with Atlassian Stack especially Jira & Confluence : design, creating projects, workflows, automation.
Experience in VMware is important
- 3 years plus experience
- Team player
- Problem solving
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Solutions driven
- Pragmatic mindset
- Flexible mindset, keeping priorities of different teams in mind
- Adaptable to change in priorities
- Ability to take ownership and keep team informed
- Finds documentation important
- Ability to understand decisions although you are not in favor
- Good English language skills
Nice to have
- Experience with Sonatype Nexus
- Experience with Sonar
- Experience with Elk Stack (Logstash)
- Experience with Grafana
- Experience with Dell Netvault & Tape Libraries, centralised backups, offline vaulting
- Experience with AWS specifically EC2 and S3 (virtual machines & Storage)
- Experience with OpenShift/kubernetes, docker Swarm
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Experience with Elastic search
- Experience as Windows administrator
- Experience with large scale systems patching (eg. RedHat satellite, Spacewalk, Foreman)
- Degree level or equivalent
- International transport / Postal industry knowledge