- Compusearch: ICT
- Salessearch: Sales and Marketing
- HRsearch: Human Resources
- Execusearch: Senior Management
Network Engineer (ref. 2043)
Network Services Company
Our client is one of the main systems and networks providers in Belgium.
They are based near the North Station in Brussels.
They offer highly advanced Network, System and Internet services to their clients.
They use the most innovative and advanced technologies for continuity in the improvement of their network.
- You support and maintain our clients Hybrid network infrastructure and related services.
- You prepare and implement simple and complex adjustments to the network. Managing third parties is part of your role.
- You act as an escalation point from the NOC for complex and / or priority incidents.
- You are actively involved in implementing improvements on the network and report on these.
- You actively participate in the Incident and Problem Management Process
- You work actively with the Network architects in order to implement the most efficient, reliable and efficient network infrastructure and services.
- You participate in and assist in the implementation of a general security policy for both the network infrastructure and the network services.
- You play a leading role in making both high-level and detailed network designs according to the requirements of the customer and/or project in line with the expected and agreed Service Levels.
- You make a proactive contribution to the continuous improvement of the network services and the associated processes;
- You follow the evolutions within your area of expertise and link these to concrete improvement processes.
- You provide detailed documentation and pay attention to knowledge sharing with your direct colleagues within the network department.
- You have a Master's degree
- You are fluent in Dutch or French and have a good knowledge of English.
- You are passionate about networking and telecommunications and have notions of the following areas: TCP / IP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, VRRP, MPLS, Multicast, Ethernet,...
- You have notions of network tooling and scripting, such as Nagios, Zenoss, Python, Ruby or Perl.
- Experience gained in an ISP or an enterprise environment (LAN environment) is a strong asset.
- You understand the basic concepts of ITIL, experience with specific processes is a plus.
- You have a basic knowledge of optical network technologies.
- You have good technical knowledge of ICT applications.
- You are customer-oriented and enthusiastic.
- You like to work in a team and think in a solution-oriented way.
- You are willing to work in a 24X7 guard service.
- You are proactive, organized and a real team player
- Competitive salary
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of home work up to 1 time a week
- Participation in ADSL connection and mobile phone
- 26 holiday days and the possibility to take overtime in extra days
- End-of-year bonus
- Extensive training opportunities
- Hospitalization insurance