Our client is one of the major insurance groups in Europe. Worldwide, the Group is represented in over 30 countries and concentrates on Europe and Asia. They offer a comprehensive spectrum of insurance, provision and services. About 46,000 people work for the Group, either as salaried employees or as full-time self-employed sales representatives. In 2013, they recorded a premium income of 18 billion euros and paid out benefits to customers amounting to 17 billion euros.
Core business is life insurances
With high quality products for individuals and self-starters they give the opportunity during their careers to build a nice supplemental income. Our client is very responsive to the constraints and gaps of the statutory pension system. A personalized customer approach is also highlighted in this section.
Location: 1000 Brussels
Currently our client is looking for a:
Analyst Programmer Applications - Abap
As Analyst Programmer Applications - Abap, you will accomplish software requirements by developing and maintaining applications and databases. You will develop technical design, code/customization & unit testing.
Specific for the system'(s) the Analyst Programmer is specialized in (Contract Management System(s): Abap, ...), (s)he will
- Support the definition of non-functional requirements and the impact analysis
- Translate the Functional design into Technical Design using the methodology set forth by the company and maintain up to date documentation
- Have or acquire + further develop knowledge of the system and the related programming languages
- Develop code/customizations for the system(s)
- Prepare and execute unit testing
- Perform defect analysis and bug fixing
- Support handover to operations
- You have knowledge of Abap and already a first experience in using it
- You have an insight on the total release process
- Excellent knowledge of English and good knowledge of Dutch, French is an asset
- You are a team player and you can work independently
- Eager to learn
Our client offers a dynamic working environment with an entrepreneurial culture. A competitive salary package with extra legal advantages (luncheon vouchers, hospitalization & group insurance, an inability to work insurance).
In addition, you can count on various training opportunities, additional vacation and flexible hours. The company is located in the heart of Brussels and is easily accessible by public transport.