Our client, a large company active in the financial sector, is currently looking for a Functional/technical designer-Data configuration
The role is based in Brussels.
The candidate will be added to the team responsible for the gap analysis, the functional /technical design, the configuration and the testing of the Group solution and its integration with the local applications.
- Develops deep functional and high level technical understanding of the new solution, covering the frontend, the rich client and/or the batch applications
- Translates these requirements to application impacts - customizations to online and batch applications, adaptations to the data model
- Will primarily focus on the DB configuration covering a.o. product definitions, roles, rules etc,
- Has a relevant experience in SQL in relational databases
- Collects the functional needs in terms of configuration data and configure these in the different tables
- Works with the technical designers on site and off-shore
- Participates in application tests, performs analysis for defects in the configuration
- Analyses incidents in production and hands these over to the development teams
- Candidate has a bachelor or master degree (e.g. IT, industrial or civil engineer, exact sciences, ...) or equivalent based on relevant experience
- He/she has relevant experience in detailed functional analysis, technical design and application testing. As an alternative, the candidate has strong experience in development and technical design and wants to move towards a functional designer role.
- Any relevant experience in the financial industry (banking/insurance) or with package based implementations is appreciated.
- Candidate has a good basis of English and is fluent in French and/or Dutch.
- He/she should have a combination of qualities:
- Good listener and at the same time challenging the input (from Business, from development teams, ...)
- Well-structured in his/her work
- Takes care of the details
- Has strong experience in IT, with focus on SQL and data models, although the candidate will not be developing applications
- Be creative and pro-active
- Take a step back and identify opportunities for improvement
- Has an interest to learn gradually the insurance industry and the applications required to support current and future needs
- Previous experience in working as a consultant of working with consultants onshore or offshore is a plus
Primary work location is Brussels, but regularly, participation in Rotterdam is required (approx. 5 days/month) and occasionally, training or conferences might be held in Austria or another EU country