- The Senior Network Expert role is part of the Connectivity team within the End User and Collaboration division. It's primary objective is to support (L2 & L3), design and implement reliable, secure and cost efficient network solutions which supports our business requirements
- The scope of connectivity services squad is the WAN connectivity between our Client's branches, (R)HQ and the datacenters and (W)LAN connectivity at those locations, including network authentication and Remote Access.
- Support (L2 & L3) the assigned network scope
- Participate to a 24/7h on-call schedule supporting the assigned network assets.
- Understand business needs and translate them in IT solutions supporting those business needs
- Ensure developed solutions are integrated in the current network topologies
- Ensure that developed solutions are being supported by current processes and existing or new network management tools
- Build and test low level design documents based on existing high level design and standards documents
- Implement according to existing change processes new network topologies/devices and functionality.
- Ensure standard asset management activities are timely executed for the assigned network assets
Required knowledge/ experience
- Proven 5+ year network experience in designing and supporting Cisco based routing, Switching and wireless networks including various network, system and user authentication solutions (Cisco ISE and Cisco AnyConnect)
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco routing, Switching and wireless topologies and their corresponding devices.
- Build and update technical documentation and inventories
- Configure and troubleshoot WiFi networks and protocols
- Analyse and solve complex network issues
- Good knowledge of technical network monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Good knowledge of Configuration Management tools.
- Good understanding of / follow-up on service operation's needs (SLA/KPI) for the assigned technical domain.
- Proven Cisco routing, Switching and working experience
- Proven working experience in configuring and supporting Cisco Wireless networks and Remote Access
- Cisco Professional (CCNP) level routing, Switching, wireless and security certifications
- Customer focused attitude
- Bachelor/Master or equivalent by experience
- Can work independent and focused to deliver on time and according a fixed planning
- Organised and good presentation skills
- Fluent in English- Good knowledge of Dutch and French is an asset.
- Team player
- Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Good analytical and synthesis skills
- Autonomy, commitment and perseverance for attaining the stated objectives
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment
- Flexible and accurate
- Capable to operate within a predefined process and procedure framework
- Risk conscious