Our client is looking for Microsoft SQL Senior support engineer. This person will manage the Microsoft SQL environment for our Client site in Belgium and in Germany.
- System administration of the MS SQL Server environment (system DBA tasks like database creation, deletion, backup, restore, optimization, security, deployment of scripts...) of the MS SQL databases;
- Assistance to development DBA where required (e.g. performance tuning);
- Enforcement and monitoring of security guidelines and standards;
- Monitoring, change and patch management of the MS SQL Server environment;
- Advisory role for product LifeCycle and additional development of the landscape;
- Disaster recovery check and implementation;
- Ensure optimal 2nd/3rd level (interface to Microsoft and other 3rd parties) support;
- Keep operating and installation documentation for the above areas up to date;
- Manage (day to day) = second-level support, pick up cases helpdesk can't solve.
- Computer science degree, training as a specialist for system integration or a comparable education;
- Proven experience of MS SQL management for at least 3 years (please provide description & references);
- In-depth knowledge of, MS SQL 2014 /16 is a must ;
- In-depth knowledge of MS Windows 2012R2 - MS windows2016,
- Knowledge of PowerShell is a must ;
- Knowledge of IIS, Linux is a plus.
Other important, non-technical skills
- Must be a team player;
- Must have planning and organizational skills (working with strict deadlines - must be able to cope with stress);
- Must be able to troubleshoot technical problems;
- Must be able to communicate fluent (oral + written) in Dutch - French (one of both has to be native) and English . Speaking and understanding German is a plus
- Must be able to work independently;
- Customer minded;
- Able to learn new products-environments quickly;
- Must be accountable and is NOT a 9 to 5 worker.
About this job opening
Workplace will be Brussels (Schaarbeek). During important projects it will be possible that presence in Berlin is necessary.