- The IT Developer primary responsibility is to provide development services across a range of business system solutions and technologies.
- The IT Developer reports directly to the Head of Information Systems.
- The successful candidate should be available to start as soon as possible.
- The position will involve:
- Developing and maintaining applications and reporting systems / solutions, core database structures and technologies
- Undertaking testing of system components, completing bug fixes and development enhancements
- Providing development Support for application systems and solutions ensuring that incidents are dealt with in an accurate and timely fashion
- Complying with and adhering to the documented quality standards and methods for development
- Maintaining, improving and integrating in-house built software
- Providing second and third level Support to the Cost Association IT Helpdesk
- Contributing to the training of end users
- Fulfilling other responsibilities and tasks as necessary for the good organisation of the office, as mandated by the Cost Association Director.
Profile and Competencies
- University Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or at least 3 years of professional experience as IT developer on top of the required experience below.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in IT development
- Knowledge of the European and national research structures and institutions
- High standard of spoken and written English, knowledge of other European languages appreciated
- Experience in academic or not-for-profit environment
- Proven professional experience in implementing SQL database solutions
- Proven professional experience in Object Oriented programming, use of GIT and continuous integration, application of design patterns, compliancy to given coding standards and implementation using industry best practices
- Experience working with Agile project team development environments is preferred
- Experience with following frameworks / tools are a plus: Symfony, Composer, Doctrine, Docker, Atlassian suite (Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo)
- Knowledge of other programming languages is a plus
- Service-oriented attitude with strong sense of purpose and drive to make a meaningful contribution to the Cost mission
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality
- Strong team work capacities and relationship building abilities
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple tasks and work well independently and collaboratively
- Strong aptitude to offer interesting solutions to increase efficiency within the organisation
- Adaptability to the changing environment
- Proven presentation and communication skills
- Commitment and accountability to deliver on allocated tasks as entrusted by the Head of Unit
The Cost Association offers
- A full-time contract under the Belgian law
- Start date: as soon as possible
- A European working environment located in Brussels
- Unless a national of the 'EU and Eee', candidates must be eligible to work in Belgium and must have a work permit
Electronic applications (motivation letter with possible start date mentioned + CV in English and at least 2 recent reference letters in English) should be sent via the button below, mentioning the reference code Itd2018 in the subject line.
Please note that the Cost HR Team will only contact the candidates who are invited to the interview. No individual feedback will automatically be given to unsuccessful candidates.
The interviews will take place on 8th March 2018 for the 1st round.
Deadline for application: 25th February 2018 included
Data protection - All personal data provided by applicants will be dealt with in compliance with the law of 8 December 1992 concerning the protection of the private life with regards to the personal data processings transposing into Belgian law the provisions of the European directive 95/46.