The IT Center EMEA consists out of 3 departments: IT Planning, IT Development and IT Infrastructure. The IT Infrastructure Development team is responsible for the implementation of the infrastructure projects to support the Daikin EMEA business.
The headquarter of the IT EMEA region is located in Oostende. You will join a team of 75 colleagues who are located in Oostende but also in our subsidiary in Madrid. Being part of an IT headquarter, you will have impact on decisions made for the whole organisation. In terms of scope, EMEA has different standards than a local company. At IT they also run ahead of some new technologies such as Office 365 and the use of Cloud data centers.
Standardization and consolidation are key-words in several on-going projects in order to construct the most lean IT architecture, balancing cost and performance, for the whole EMEA region. Other projects target the introduction of new technologies to improve the working of our business.
After introduction and training, you will be responsible for managing infrastructure projects and executing change requests.
- Implementing (planning, design, testing) new updates and changes to the existing environment and managing migration and implementation projects
- Working closely together with other team members and our dedicated IT technology suppliers and implementation partners.
- Analysing risks and possible impact of the changes, defining details of the implementation and test scenarios and drawing up the necessary technical documentation.
- Organizing and participating in the hand-over to the IT operations section (responsible for maintaining and the supporting the systems after go-live).
- You hold Master degree in IT or have a Bachelor degree with proven experience.
- You already have knowledge or interest in some IT Infrastructure technologies.
- You have the skill to coordinate the activities of the several in/external parties involved in an IT project.
- Having experience in project management is a plus.
- You are fluent in English.
- This position is also open to young graduates.
What we offer
At Daikin, you can count on a varied job with an international market leader that stimulates its people to work together. We offer you an open ended contract. You will be given extensive training and will be well supported from the start. The position carries a competitive salary and a package of extra-legal benefits.
Interested to join our team?
Send your motivation and CV preferably via the button below.