Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Deloitte Belgian Tax and Legal practice consists of more than 600 professionals and plays a leading role in the Belgian market as well in the global Deloitte Network. Our professionals are specialized in different domains such as Business Tax, Global Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax and Global Employer services.
- The Functional Analyst translates the business needs of the Deloitte Tax & Legal department into functional specifications (user stories, UML diagrams...).
- The Functional Analyst has extensive experience with functional analysis and the UML standard. He is able to quickly get an understanding of a collection of business requirements and translate these into functional analysis documentation. The functional analysis documentation contains high level data model and use cases and serves as input for the development team.
- To ensure the accurateness and completeness of the functional analysis documents, the Functional Analyst works closely together with the Tax and Legal Business. The Functional Analyst also works together with the Tax and Legal development team when it comes to defining the user interface. The Functional Analyst will also be involved in analysis of business processes, testing of the developed applications and preparation of training materials and documentation.
- Plan, structure and drive functional analysis work for a specific project;
- Translate the needs voiced by the business into concepts, processes and functional specifications;
- Structure functional specifications into user stories, use cases, scenario's, activity diagrams, user interface specifications and business rules as appropriate;
- Work closely in team with the Business to ensure full comprehension of business needs and priorities. Understand impact and value of expressed business needs and challenge the business if the latter are unclear;
- Syncs regularly with other Functional Analysts and Development team to ensure coherence with other functional analysis work;
- Support the business in development of business processes;
- Facilitate Functional Analysis working sessions and review sessions.
- Has extensive experience with UML and functional modeling;
- Has experience working with agile methods and tools (SCRUM, Safe, ...);
- Is able to structure functional specifications in a concise functional analysis document or user stories;
- Is able to think out of the box;
- Is able to facilitate working session or review sessions;
- Is able to work against deadlines;
- Is a teamplayer;
- Experience working in areas such as tax, legal, finance, HR is a plus.
- English: Mastering Oral and Written Communication;
- Dutch and/or French: Proficient.
- Education and experience:
- University degree: preferably in Economics (inclusive 'Tew'), IT or Engineering;
- Functional Analysis: minimum 2 years of experience with functional analysis/UML in custom development context.
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.