Deloitte is a world leading professional services firm, providing accounting and auditing services, management consulting and legal and tax advice. In Belgium we are the largest professional service provider. Our offices offer services to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions and innumerable small, fast-growing companies. Thanks to a strong regional presence and our multi-disciplinary approach, we are ideally placed to meet the requirements of a wide range of public institutions and small and large companies.
Our Consulting practice within Deloitte has a strong reputation and track record as Business Performance Consultants. We are a recognized leader in helping clients solve complex business problems, differentiated by our ability to execute on the advice we provide. Our multi-disciplinary competencies allow us to address CXO issues from every angle.
The Warehouse DNA (Design, New technologies and Automation) team, part of the SAP EWM EMEA CoE, accompanies clients in intralogistics transformation initiatives, greenfield or redesign/refitting, across various industries. Our projects address data modelling, Hardware, software, design, strategy, operations and realization.
As Warehouse Design and Automation Consultant, you will integrate a team, which will support their clients in
- Requirements elicitation;
- Data analysis and modelling: business and operational data transformed into system and process configurations;
- General Distribution Center (DC) solution design: Hardware, software, operations;
- RFP/RFQ construction (Hardware and/or software): vendor qualification and bridging, RFP/RFQ process management, offer analysis and selection;
- Detailed DC solution design in collaboration with the selected vendors: Hardware, software, operations;
- Project realization / implementation: operational support during Hardware and software deployment, ramp-up, transitioning, training, quality monitoring, change management;
- Support and optimization: continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of warehousing concepts:
- Hardware: Storage (static and/or automated) and material handling equipment (manual and/or automated);
- Software: WMS, WCS, MFS;
- Processes and flows (e.g. Inbound, Decant, Putaway, Picking, Consolidation,
- Replenishment, Packing, Sorting, Staging, Shipping, Returns, Cross-dock);
- Analytic skills:
- Requirements elicitation processes;
- Data modelling exercises:
- Ability to turn business and operational data into equipment design and operational decisions;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must. Experience with other data analytics tools (Qlikview, R) represents plus;
- Both focused and broad solution and optimization seeking mindset; aiming at delivering the most value and an optimal state-of-the-art solution;
- Collaboration, facilitation and communication skills, e.g. bridging between client and vendor;
- Up to date with the latest materials handling and warehousing concepts and technologies;
- Additional expertise representing strong candidate benefits:
- Deep knowledge of warehouse automation systems;
- SAP EWM skills;
- Business case generation knowhow;
- Layouting skills (e.g. AutoCAD);
- Project management experience.
- A challenging, innovating environment where personal development and growth are encouraged;
- Opportunities for learning where needed;
- An attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.