This position is open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland) and to nationals of the EU Member States.
Type/Duration of Appointment: Fixed term three years. If considered desirable and in the organisation's interest, an additional three-year contract may be offered.
Start Date: As soon as possible
The IT Unit consists of four staff members and is part of the Administration Division. The IT Unit is responsible for providing IT services to the organisation as a whole and to 170 end users in the EFTA duty stations in Brussels and Geneva.
We are looking for an experienced IT professional who will report to the Head of IT and have a wide range of challenging technical responsibilities.
The main tasks of the successful applicant will be the following
- Hybrid cloud infrastructure administration
- Network and Firewall administration
- Daily operations and help desk
- Server, application and user management
- Manage or contribute to cloud migration projects
- Manage version control system of a Cloud environment and custom application integrations and reports
- Contribute to business process improvement projects
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
- Contribute to the planning and development of IT infrastructure and strategy
- Coordinate tasks and follow up external consultants
Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer sciences or equivalent training and experience
- Minimum five years' relevant work experience
- Experience with the following technologies are required: Microsoft products including Azure or similar Cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies, Office 365 and Powershell, Exchange. Firewall and networking technologies (Palo Alto)
- Experience with Skype for Business, Github, Veeam, VMWare, F5 or similar technologies would be considered an asset
- Some experience with the following will be considered an asset: Power BI or SQL Server Reporting Services and basic knowledge of .Net and C# programming
- Experience of IT Project Management will be considered an asset
- Experience of document management systems would be an advantage
- Knowledge of IT Service Management and ITIL best practices
- Excellent organisational and communications skills, including a dynamic and flexible attitude and cultural sensitivity
- Committed, positive attitude
- Self-reliance and autonomy, but also a facility for teamwork
- Result-oriented approach, and proactive and cooperative outlook
- Business awareness and understanding of business requirements of IT
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good knowledge of French and/or Dutch would be an advantage
- Grade: B6
- Annual starting salary: EUR 58,756
- Appointments are normally made at the first step of the grade. The Secretary-General reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a level different from that advertised.
- Salaries and related payments are exempt from taxation by the EFTA States, and as regulated in headquarters agreements, in the EFTA host states. Depending on the candidate's family status, benefits and allowances may apply.
- Deadline for applications: 5 August 2018.