The client is a leading multinational company, that is operating within the energy sector.
- You will work as part of a Scrum team to validate the quality of delivered stories through description and execution of test plans, with focus on test automation, for the distributed management platforms.
- The goal is to increase test automation, and as such, reduce manual work and the time-to-market while securing the historical reliability of the platform, using a continuous delivery model in a reactive microservice environment build upon Scala and Java, akka, AngularJS, Kafka and Cassandra.
Some of you daily tasks..
- Elaborate the Story to get key examples and risk to the surface
- Describe, review and execute Acceptance Criteria for new stories
- Guard non-regression by writing and maintaining automated business focused tests, through UI-test automation (cucumber-selenium) and/or API testing (cucumber-Java)
- Execute manual testing where automation is not appropriate
- Assess the quality and risks of stories that are assigned to you before deployment
- Work in close collaboration with the Scrum team and the QA lead to accomplish the above
- You will also:
- Collaborate with other testers to ensure features are assessed across Scrum teams, components or sub-systems boundaries
- Contribute to, and leverage from your peers' knowledge, practices and testware
- Continuously learn and improve to get best in class testing practices applied
- Expert knowledge of, and experience with testing complex workflows in a microservice architecture
- Experience in a continuous delivery/deployment environment
- Experience with abstract test definition for either UI or API driven scenarios, applying BDD or DSL
- Technical skills to execute basic operations on relational databases and Linux
- Capable of reading and understanding source code written in procedural, ObjectOriented and/or functional languages such as Java, Scala and Python
- Capable of maintaining and extending automated tests for UI or API based functional test scenario's
- Fluent in English
- Location: Antwerp, easily accessible by public transport
- Benefits: Flexible working hours, partial remote working available
- Duration: 12 months