is looking for a
fulltime Technology Officer (m/f)
As part of the organization support team your main tasks will be to:
- Observe and understand the ways of working at Greenpeace Belgium, and anticipate our future technological needs.
- Be an effective member of project teams, offer them technological ideas, make suggestions and ensure technical support.
- Provide technical guidance and support to our staff and our teams, regarding IT, telecommunications, mobile applications, video-audio, database...
- Work in close co-operation with the ICT manager.
- Study, prepare and develop proposals of new or upgraded hard- or software infrastructure.
- Implement and install hard- and software, security tools. Train or organize trainings about the implemented technologies. Write manuals or handbooks if needed.
- Fine-tune Hardware and/or software prototypes.
- Permanently update your knowledge by internet research, specialized magazines, training, skill-shares.
- You have at least three years of experience in a similar function.
- You have an extensive experience with IT Network management, IT Security, Hardware (servers computers, Mobile devices, electromechanics, optoelectronics...).
- You have experience with software applications in the broadest sense and with the most commonly used software languages (API's, C, Java, PHP, SQL...).
- You have the ability to manipulate all kinds of equipment (dismantle, repair, modify, cable...).
- You are used to work under pressure and know how to cope with the irritability of users of applications.
- You are a team player, who likes to build relationships with providers, consultants, and with internal 'customers'.
- You are eager to learn and to teach.
- You are interested in environmental issues.
- You are able to professionally interact with colleagues and providers in Dutch, French and English.
- A full-time permanent contract.
- A dynamic and pleasant working environment.
- Interesting additional benefits (meal vouchers, a complete 13th month, hospitalisation insurance and additional holidays);
- A challenging job.
Interested in this job offer? We invite you to consult a detailed job description via the button below.