For one of our clients in the area of Brussels, we are currently looking for a Data Engineer. This is a permanent position. For this position we are looking for a candidate who has experience in data management. This person needs to be flexible, can work independently and sees opportunities to work in a more efficient way.
The job description gives more information about this position and the specific profile we are looking for.
- The data engineer is at the center of the Information Management process and plays a key role in the lifecycle management of the corporate data assets.
- He/She is responsible for understanding business needs & rules in terms of reporting and analytics and for translating these needs into comprehensive data definitions, data models and data quality requirements.
- In his day to day job, the data engineer relies on a thorough understanding of the business processes and its underlying data in order to translate raw data into actionable information and insights.
Key responsibility areas
- Master data ingestion techniques (functional mapping source-target) and structure the data into comprehensive models (logical data models)
- Structure the semantic layer and articulates the data presentation around business data definitions
- Ensure data consistency for a specific subject area (Customer Base Mgmt, Revenue & Dunning, Usage, Logistics, Order Mgmt, Customer Interaction Mgmt)
- Build and maintain in depth knowledge of the data and its availability and use in a business context
- Responsible for contributing to the selection of fit to purpose tools supporting reporting and analytics capabilities
- Responsible for producing or reviewing key project deliverables related to reporting and analytics domains (Srs/HLD)
- Daily interactions with IT Service Managers and Key users (= business stakeholders active in reporting or analytics)
- Daily interactions with IT outsourcing partner for producing and reviewing key project deliverables (Srs/HLD)
- Regular interactions with data stewards / owners to act upon observed data quality issues (correctness, completeness, freshness, relevance)
- Contribution to deliveries according to Ttm governance (Projects / Ctr)
- Contribution to delivering Big Data use cases (data ingestion / data preparation)
- External interactions: (regular) IT outsourcing partner and IT solution providers
- Analytical thinking / Problem solving skills
- Business acumen (business processes and underlying data)
- Data modelling expertise
- ETL tools expertise (AbInitio expertise is a plus)
- SQL/Scripting skills
- Master data management process
Education, specific training and experience
- A university degree
- Min. 3-5 year experience in designing cost effective IT solution
- Previous exposure to IT outsourcing delivery model (on/offshore) is a plus
- Proven experience in IT partner and contract management is a plus
- Interpersonal skills
- Languages: French/English or Dutch/English
- Able to work and collaborate transversally
- Developed communication skills
- Capacity to influence and engage
- Persuasiveness (ability to convince, have impact)
- Stress resistant