IT System engineer (scripting analyst)
The mission he'll have to fulfill will be to
Make a complete inventory of our infrastructure either by scripting or by gathering knowledge
Make an interpretation of the results of the scripting in order to help us optimize, rationalize...our infrastructure
Due to all the new environments necessary for key projects of the company, we are looking for an infrastructure technical architect/analyst. The person we are looking for is an expert in scripting with a good overall knowledge of all domains of infrastructure. The infrastructure technical architect/analyst will design, coordinate, setup and support project infrastructure activities as well as provide technology direction in support of the project. He/she is responsible for building cost optimized solutions to support the business processes and in line with functional and technical evolutions.
Which tasks will you be working on ?
- In cooperation with the infrastructure team and under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Technical Analyst infrastructure will:
- Inventory, sizing & documentation
- Establish capacity requirements, sizing of current infrastructure platform
- Collect data of current technical infrastructure and solutions
- Translate high-level design into low-level technical design
- Design and document the infrastructure foundations for database services, web services, networking services, Storage and backup services, communication services...in collaboration with the Datacenter service partners and Architecture team
- Write scripts to retrieve data from the different systems
- With the technical infrastructure analyst team, coordinate the proposed changes on current projects with the Tobe infrastructure foreseen in order to make sure that we all follow the direction of RFP compliancy.
- Will also need to be the liaison with the ongoing or coming projects' decisions in order to make sure that direction on project is compliant with RFP content.
- Bachelors or Master's Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Software, etc.) required
- 10+ years of experience in multiple IT areas that include analysis, design, evaluation, and development
- Must be able to prove an active experience in the following areas:
- Networks (Firewalling, Switching, Routing, Software Defined Networking, loadbalancing)
- AD with integrated Radius and CA
- Protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, Vrf, Hsrp,FTP,...)
- Scripting & PowerShell
- Can prove an active experience in following technologies:
- Web services (IIS, Tomcat, Apache, Web application server...)
- Experience with high volume data platforms, appliances, and technologies
- Server: Linux, Hpux, Solaris
- Knowledge of SAN Storage (EMC VMAX/Vplex), NAS and Dedicated Storage Platforms
- Cluster solutions based on OS mentioned above
- Fundamental understanding of IT processes and operational procedures.
- You are business proficient in English and at least in Dutch or French
- Where: Brussels and Hasselt
- When: Contract from October till end of the year (extentions will follow)