Bricsys is currently looking for an R&D Software Engineer!
Bricsys is a global provider of engineering design software brought to market under the BricsCAD brand, powering 2D drafting, 3D modeling, sheet metal design, and building information modeling (BIM). BIM is a new way of thinking in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry, shifting from 2D computer aided drafting to designing 3D virtual models.
We are currently looking for an R&D Software Engineer.
As R&D Software Engineer you will contribute to the product development of our BIM application. Together with a small team, you will be responsible for:
* Developing new algorithms to solve challenging problems of computational geometry, computer-aided design, rendering and intelligent data management
* By doing this, you will be part of a larger and international team that aims to develop an industry leading and very user-friendly BIM application for customers in the AEC, GIS, civil engineering, and mechanical CAD markets.
* Master or Bachelor in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or other sciences (or you can prove you are at this level in some other way)
* Experience with Object Oriented programming (e.g. C++, Java, C#, ...)
* Professional experience is valued but not required if you can show us some relevant or interesting personal/student work
* Familiarity with general algorithms, data structures, and software design
* Strong mathematical insight, especially in computational geometry
* Experience or knowledge of BIM/CAD applications is considered a plus
* Ability to coordinate your work with team members and to communicate openly on looming problems
* Ability to realistically plan your own work and make reliable promises to your team members
* Fluent in English.
* A full-time or 4/5 job in Ghent (UCO tower)
* Flexible hours and sufficient vacation (young parents friendly)
* Competitive remuneration with extras (pension fund, meal vouchers, hospitalization & car insurance)
* A no-nonsense work floor with a flat hierarchy and direct access to management
* Autonomy in planning and designing your own work (guidance and collaboration possibilities are available)
* Interesting mix of team members to discuss designs and problems
* Encouragement to show initiative, learn, grow and develop your own ideas
* Parties, pizza Fridays and other (optional) fun activities.