We are looking for a Senior PHP Developer to join our development team and help us build Immoweb's future. You will work in a startup mode, on a brand new version of the Immoweb platform and you will be the cornerstone of a new Scrum team.
Your primary focus will be to implement frontend sites and applications in mobile-first and responsive mode for mobile and desktop websites, and most specifically a new version of our main Web site based on web services. Your main duties will include creating the foundation of the web site and developping modules, components and pages. The UI/UX design will be delivered to you, together with a few HTML templates, but you will be asked to integrate animations, CSS, and needed JS scripts (mainly Angular). You will work within a “Scrum” team with other front-end developers, and will interact with other back-end developers and QA Engineers together to achieve a common goal.
- Delivering modules and pages, and maintaining front end part of our websites.
- Write clean, cross-browser, standards-compliant code .
- Ensuring high performance for mobile and desktop sites.
- Writing tested and documented code with a rigorous mindset.
- Cooperating with the back-end developer in the process of building the services required to fulfil the business requirement.
- Communicating with internal or external web services.
- Work with other team members; share knowledge, suggestions, perform peer reviews
- Stay up-to-date with market developments; look into and advise on new technologies and emerging standards
- Define and keep your deadlines
- Be part of the bug fixing process.
What we need from you
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience in a similar position; minimum 1 year of experience using Laravel framework.
- Deep knowledge of PHP MVC frameworks (Simfony if possible) and web services practices and commonly used modules, based on extensive work experience
- Proficiency with CSS and HTML5
- Knowledge of Angular and other JS libraries like ReactJS is a plus.
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and web components
- Good knowledge of W3C standards and browser-compatibility issues
- Validating user actions on the client side and providing responsive feedback
- Architecting and automating the build process, deployment orchestration, effectively building a continuous delivery pipeline from dev to production
- DevOps culture. Build, own and operate services through its entire lifecycle
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
- Writing extensive and comprehensive unit tests using automated TDD tasks
- Creating E2E test suites for all components, and running them
- Professional, precise English communication skills is required
- Previous experience in a Scrum environment is required.
- Experience working with Cloud based technologies is a plus
... aside from “hard” skills we are looking for passion for creating software, and the ability to work together with other developers as well as business representatives. We'll count on you to take ownership of your work and communicate with everyone to get the job done.
A professional and stimulating working environment
Opportunity for personal development in line with business growth
Rich and acknowledged e-business expertise
If you want to be part of a company in full expansion in Brussels (Forest), please send your application letter and CV via the button below.