Our client is currently looking for a DataStage consultant, either as a freelance or a Permanent consultant.
- The DataStage consultant will have to work closely with the business to facilitate requirements definition in order to create, in an autonomous way, an effective and qualitative ETL flow from scratch and/or optimise ETL design and development.
- After the design and development, the consultant will extract data from heterogeneous systems, transform the data according to the business logic and load it to other target systems.
- Other responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Facilitate requirements gathering through workshops
- Monitor data loads.
- Fine tune load processes and optimization of long-time running mappings
- Analyse workflow/session logs
- Support the business with answers to technical and functional issues
- Coach end-users and more junior colleagues
- Implement and maintain best practices of design and reusability
- You will have the opportunity to run or participate in projects from start to finish in a variety of domains from Business Intelligence, data warehousing to corporate performance management in various industries including banking, retail, manufacturing and distribution.
- Professional experience as a DataStage consultant with, ideally, at least 3 years experience in this domain.
- Knowledge of other ETL tools such as Informatica PowerCenter will be considered as a plus.
- Hands-on development experience in ETL.
- DataStage v9.1 experience, including ...
- Strong exposure to BI development with some practical involvement in implementations
- Full understanding of data warehouses and data marts
- Knowledge of project management processes
- The ability to think analytically.
- Strong communication skills both on the business and technical sides
- Being able to work both independently and as part of a team is very important