Medialaan - New Media manages the websites, mobile applications and underlying infrastructure of several brands, such as Vtm, Q2, Vitaya, ... . In the world of internet, with rapid evolutions of websites, online video, interactivity and new devices and platforms, ... , Medialaan is a challenging place to work. Building and maintaining complex internet environments, applications and sites for a top media company, is a beautiful assignment that demands the commitment and passion of all employees.
- You build websites for our brands (Vtm, Q2, Qmusic, Joe, ...) by writing custom Drupal modules.
- You integrate them with other modern systems outside of the Drupal ecosystem.
- To do so, you write clean PHP code, use MySQL and/or NoSQL, Apache web server and GIT.
- You're a great communicator, able to share technical ideas to business users and other teams (design, QA).
- You're able to handle a fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges.
- You're able to both collaborate with team members and work independently.
- You're hungry to embrace current and emerging web technologies.
- You're proud in the quality of your work and the value it delivers to our users.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field (or combined with related experience).
- You have a minimum of two years of Drupal programming experience (code samples of applications that you have worked on are required).
- You understand the importance of following 'The Drupal Way' and you're familiar with the hook system, the theming engine, drush and Features.
- You have experience with development tools such as drush, GIT, JIRA, etc.
You get bonus points for experience with:
- Working in SCRUM/Agile teams
- Active participation in the Drupal community
- Unix/Linux command line wizardry
- Sass / Less preprocessing
- Performance tuning (e.g. Varnish, Memcached, Nginx, Solr)
- Continuous Integration (e.g. Travis, Jenkins)
- Automated testing (e.g. Behat)
- Object Oriented PHP
- Drupal 8
Medialaan is an innovative and dynamic media company. We believe in the power of our people and invest in their skills and personal development.
Sounds like a perfect fit to you? Don't hesitate and apply today!