Every day we, at Pauwels Consulting, try our very best to offer challenging and varying jobs to talented professionals like you in Engineering, Life Sciences and IT.
Are you looking for a new job as a Big Data System Engineer with a solid knowledge of both Red Hat Linux and Hadoop at a leading firm in the Financial industry? Are you ready to join Pauwels Consulting? Read on!
As a Big Data System Engineer, you will be responsible for the Maintenance and solution delivery in a highly critical production environment. Furthermore, you'll be working on the setup and support of several big data services (e.g. Hadoop).
- Supervises all changes requested by application development teams
- Responsible for the management of assigned systems, products or technical domains with 24 hour emergency technical support and overall technical quality
- Evaluates corporate-wide system to improve system performance and functionality
- Follows up market evolution
- Drafts understandable reports on improvement opportunities for the respective system
- Performs maintenance tasks on existing test and production environments
- Designs, tests, and implements back up, recovery and restart procedures
- Monitors error logs, etc, to ensure proper capacity and availability
- Responsible for changes, incident handling and problem solving
- Designs configurations in cooperation addressing necessary performance and recoverability issues
- Executes software installations, creations / configurations, and loads
- Advanced knowledge of Linux Red Hat and Scripting (Python, Perl, Bash..)
- A good understanding of the following:
- Apache Hadoop
- Apache Hive, Ranger, Atlas, Ambari, HBase, Spark, Zookeeper, R, ...
- IT Security Concepts (eg. Se Linux)
- Disaster Recovery / Business continuity concepts
- Virtualization concepts
- ITIL / IT governance / Agile
- Scheduling and filetransfer products
- GIT or subversion
- Knowledge of the following is a plus
- Kerberos / LDAP
- Public Cloud (Azure / AWS)
- Hortonworks distribution
- Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, ...)
- Windows Server 2012
- Webservers (Tomcat, WebSphere, IIS)
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and perform research on technical problems with minimal guidance
- Ability to research and analyze server/application issues
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
- Self-motivation and team-player attitude
Do you want to apply for this position? Please send your CV and cover letter via the button below.