Every day we, at Pauwels Consulting, try our very best to offer challenging and varying jobs to talented professionals like you in Engineering, Life Sciences and IT.
Are you looking for a new job as Linux Design Engineer at a leading firm in the Telecom industry? Are you ready to join Pauwels Consulting? Read on!
As a Linux Design Engineer, you will be responsible for the follow-up of the existing Linux/Unix environments, you will lead in the design and engineering of the changing and growing Linux environments (test, development as well as production). Furthermore, you will lead and/or CO-operate in internal and company projects, work in close collaboration with design engineers in other areas and with the Unix/Linux systems administrators of the Unix and Linux Operations teams. Lastly, you will report to the Unix Engineering Manager.
- Being actively involved in defining the Linux strategy
- Life-cycle management of the system software, firmware and Hardware configurations
- Fine-tuning, optimisation and securing the Linux environment
- Testing updates and upgrades of the Linux system- and related software
- Testing, validating, engineering new products using a project way of working
- Follow-up vendors on escalated issues, new technologies and roadmaps
- Technical project lead and project management of small & medium technical internal Unix projects
- Acting as Unix technical point of contact within cross area internal projects and within company projects
- Document new designs, strategies and (to be) implemented solutions
- Solving fundamental design & dimensioning problems
- Handover the Linux related project knowledge to the other team members as well to the Unix and Linux Operations teams during the project lifecycle
- Engineering support towards our internal customers (Network engineers and product application engineers/developers) of our Unix/Linux environments
- Solving complex Linux operational problems
- Assisting and coaching the Linux/Unix design administrators in their operational role
- At least 3-5 years experience in an enterprise environment, more specific in high-end Unix and Linux production environments
- Experience in the definition, planning, testing and implementation of new services and technologies
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills
- General planning and project management skills and experience.
- Technically proactive, strong communication & negotiation skills, mediator
- Several years of experience in supporting, maintaining and engineering Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6 and higher, Red Hat Satellite v5 and higher.
- Operational experience with VMware ESX virtualization technologies
- Good knowledge of English is mandatory
- Operational experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) is a distinct advantage
Do you want to apply for this position? Please send your CV and cover letter via the button below.