For one of our utilities partners in the region of West Flanders, we are currently looking for an Application Engineer with good knowledge of Java and wants to dive in other application related tasks.
- Technical design, creation and validation for a given functional analysis
- Deliver and control within a project team: “code development” and “unit code testing”
- Configure ICT components and be involved in FAT and UAT testing
- Produce and Support production of specific project documentation (internal, external)
- Contribute to the overall project Software quality level through peer review and internal training and coaching
- Participate in the setup of necessary systems and tools to support Software delivery activities
- Adhere to the agreed standards and practices in using the internal Software tools (SVN, Bamboo, Sonar, Jira...)
- Actively involved in migration activities and initial system load activities (master data and historical data)
- Release management activities within the project
- Development coordination of internal and external development resources through agile based, agreed best practices like standup meetings, etc.
- Support the provisioning of customer training services
- Bachelor or Master degree in Informatics, Electronics, Electricity, ICT or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of operational experience with ICT projects (preferably covering both Software and Hardware)
- Good knowledge of Java and related technologies ( JUnit 4.4, Maven) and web services
- Knowledge of Source Code Repository (preferably Subversion) and distributed software systems is a plus
- Stress resistant and flexible team player with strong analytical, customer and quality focus skills
- Very good structured written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch, French is a plus
- A position with responsability within a leading international company
- Personal development through learning on the job and additional external trainings
- A market oriented compensation, including a range of fringe benefits
Do you want to apply for this position? Please send your cv and cover letter via the button below.