The purpose of the function is to provide basic and advanced technical support (Level I and Level II) to clients of the I.R.I.S. International Organisations department.
- This function includes:
- Ensure multi-language support (English essentially)
- Handle accurately and timely user requests issued by phone, e-mail and via a ticketing application
- Correctly prioritise and categorise the requests according to the project scope and context
- Answer to user request and escalate issues to appropriate third party based on the issue type
- Document the request resolution
- Discuss cases and share information with the team members
- Provide support to less experienced team members
- Gives regular feedback to the manager about the most recurrent issues
- Provides the manager with information for the operation reports
- Attend operational meeting with client when requested based on incidents to be discussed
- Take part to the creation, the update and the diffusion of the service desk knowledge base
- This job does not manage any subordinates.
- The person is able to:
- Acquire sufficient knowledge of the user and administration functions of the supported application by reading technical documents (functional analysis, use cases, requirements...)
- Acquire sufficient knowledge about the supported business by reading documentation (e.g. regulation, legal document...)
- Read and interpret log files
- Understand basic Network knowledge (VPN, IP resolution, certificate handling, Sftp)
- Acquire sufficient knowledge to understand monitoring alerts
- Write and execute Standard Operation Procedures
- Write user documentation
- The persons can demonstrate the following skills:
- Spoken languages: English and French
- Written language: English
- Writing capabilities
- Good knowledge of Windows and MS Office.
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic Network knowledge (VPN, IP resolution, certificate handling, Sftp,)
- The following skills are an advantage:
- Database basic knowledge
- SQL querying basic knowledge
- Knowledge of a ticketing tool (JIRA, Smt, Otrs...)
- Knowledge of a Content Management System usage (e.g. SharePoint)
- Knowledge of Active directory
- The person must be available for specific service desk time schedule (7:00 - 15:30, 10:30-19:00 or 9:00-17:30) and for possible extended time service during public holidays or for 24/7 in standby mode.
The person has at least 1 year of experience in a Technical Support position.