The team is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the monitoring infrastructure in a very large high-availability environment (15000 agents, 500K-800K events/month, 12000 tickets/month) covering +/- 3000 servers (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris) spread into 3 data centers across Europe and provide automatic and real-time alerting to support teams.
It also includes monitoring of several IBM mainframes, links with network monitoring tools, performance and capacity monitoring system and HP Non stop servers. These solutions are then critical for business and support teams.
Your part of the deal:
You will gradually participate for the day to day activities and/or involved in projects deliveries
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Participate on the support of our monitoring or ITIL products infrastructure. All in accordance with security policies and guidelines:
- Interview a broad variety of stakeholders (e.g. network engineers, systems engineers, storage engineers, DBAs, application engineers, developers, end-users), to ascertain how best to monitor the infrastructure components and the applications which they support.
- Configure monitoring definitions and code monitoring scenario / rules according to initial end-users and technical specialists requirements
- be involved in third-line and second-line support of those solutions and platforms; fixing technical incidents on these platforms (restoring the service) and proposing long term solutions or improvements;
Participate in cross-functional teams to develop, design and build documents, work plan timelines to meet project timeframes
- Document and complete knowledge transfer to other team members
- Working with vendors to resolve problems
- Be involved in Watch duty and week-end work activities