Simac ICT Belgium, network and system integrator in the Belux market, is part of the international engineering Simac nv with offices in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
Our 170 experienced employees in Belgium provide to medium and large enterprises a complete service in the field of ICT infrastructures: consultancy, implementation, project management, ICT infrastructure management, maintenance and tasking. Knowledge, innovation, flexibility and continuous customer focus are our trademark for 45 years.
Simac - Network Engineer
Simac is looking to recruit a Network Data Professional who can both handle operations and Network projects on a level 2, as well as being proficient in advise and consultancy for our customers.
General tasks description
- Assist in Simac Networking teams in their daily Network operations, where peak work arises
- Be the “primum inter pares” on broad Network technology knowledge, and be able to advise on this to your colleguae or our customers,
- Advise necessary or opportune changes
- Report back into the clients-hierarchy on the status of the service, encountered issues, and eventual improvements.
- Act as the Technical Project Planner & key executor of small Network projects
- Lead by example. Take on specific tasks.
- Perform backup roles for our staff during the holidays, illness or training moments.
- Warrant the correct delivery of the contractual service-level,
- Protect and Defend the scope-limitations of the service contract in place.
- Understand the clients processes, be creative and act as a the Simac embassador
Technical skills, Experience and Educational background
- Successfully completed Information Technology based education, equivalent studies or equivalent by experience
- At least 3 years relevant practical experience in broad networking technologies
- You must be Cisco CCNA certified
- You preferably are Cisco CCNP certified or you are at least in the process of finalizing your CCNP certificate.
- Well knowledgable in TCP/IP, both layer 2 as well as layer 3
- Good basic knowledge on Wireless LAN, IP Telephony, VoIP and Network Security.
- Good basic knowledge of Cisco Hardware equipment
- Good basic knowledge of Data cabling systems (Cat 6 & above, patch-panels..)
- You feel familiar in Operational environments (NOC) as well as in Technical rooms (Data Center)
- You are passionate about broad Network technologies and are passionate to further acquire knowledge and experience during the free time that your job will allow you to.
- Organizational awareness (good business understanding)
- Ability to work independently, efficiently manage time, demonstrate grace under pressure
- Recognize the cultural and mentality differences in the various locations and departments, and demonstrates the ability to deal with it in a deferential and sensitive way, without losing sight of the technical and project / service objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, towards both technical and non-technical staff
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an open way, willingness to share knowledge and resources and to educate others.
- Good analytical skills
- Customer focused
- Languages: Dutch & English are a must (French is a plus, but not necessary)
- Location: This position is based in Brussels and its surrounding provinces.
- Standby: You may be asked to work in a standby/ on call duty (1 week out of 3 or 4)