Sopra Banking Software is a global leader in software, integration, support and advice services for over 500 banks and financial institutions in over 70 countries. Its goal is to accompany clients in their business growth and international strategies through a long-term partnership approach, supported by the dedication of close to 2,500 skilled experts. Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group - a leader in consulting, IT services and software development in Europe.
Sopra Banking Software - Java Developer
Our "Digital Experience Platform" is designed to create innovative customer experiences more easily and to foster scalability. This agile solution, which combines technological and business components, is an innovation catalyst and it enables our clients to provide their customers with even more value.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of programming experience and a passion for keeping up with the latest in software development and technology
- Contribute to overall team improvement by sharing knowledge and experience of best practices from technical design through production maintenance phases of application development
- Ability to design, code and unit test software on a predefined schedule using technologies and tools to ensure highest quality, performance and reliability, at varying levels of complexity.
- Collaborate with peer developers, architects, product owners, UX/UI, internal/external stakeholders and globally-distributed teams
- Support development and deployment of application software releases to production and pre-production environments
- On the long term, you will also be in contact with the Sopra Banking Software customers, do the follow up of different project tasks and the associated reporting
- Degree in Engineering (ICT) or Computer Sciences
- Java 8 and functional programming
- Spring boot and Spring framework in general
- NoSql databases like MongoDb and/or Cassandra
- Microservices principles and architecture. Practical experience is a plus
- Reactive programming (RxJava, Reactor) is a plus
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) tools
- Experience with Docker
- Excellent command of English with eventually some good French
- Strong problem-solving skills
- ability to work both independently and interdependently to resolve complex issues in a timely manner
- Flexible (working internally or at clients' site in Belgium)
What's in it for you?
- A young & dynamic environment; a fast-growing and great team
- Clearly defined growth possibilities
- Specific trainings available throughout the entire career
- Attractive financial package including a company car and extra-legal advantages