Volt - right job, right time, right now
Volt provides award-winning contract and permanent recruitment services, and managed service programmes. We have grown our services to provide innovative staffing solutions across a range of industries and skill areas, including IT & Telecoms, Digital Entertainment, Engineering, Finance and Life Sciences.
Our vision is simple: connecting talented people and respected companies across Europe.
Volt Europe - Cloud Engineer
- The Cloud Engineer plays a key role in setting up (Telco) Cloud related POC environments.
- Goal of the POC environments is to organise proof of concepts enabling us to evaluate and gain expertise in future Cloud technologies (Cloud readiness of applications, micro services, container technology, integration of container technology in NFV/SDN architecture,...).
- The candidate will be member of the architecture team which is responsible for Cloud technology evolution studies.
- He will support them with the evaluation of new Cloud related technologies, mainly by helping to setup the POC environments and executing the POC tests.
- In his job he well need to interface with the infrastructure team which is responsible for the NFVI (Network Function Virtualisation Infrastructure). The NFVI includes the Hardware (compute, Storage and networking capabilities) as well as the management platform (OpenStack) for this infrastructure.
- integration skills
- scripting & programming
- Web services / Rest experience
- Cloud experience (virtualisation technology, hypervisors...)
- OpenStack or VMware or AWS experience
- container technology knowledge (kubernetes, OpenShift...)
- Nice to have:
- NFV/SDN (ETSI specification of telco Cloud) knowledge
- networking / SDN / Cisco ACI knowledge/experience
- Mandatory Soft skills:
- We are looking for a team player with good communication skills.
- Languages: French OR Dutch OR English
- Job location: Brussels
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Long-term
Do you think that you have the required skills for this role? Feel free to send me your updated CV and contact details in order to discuss further about this!
Currently on a mission, therefore not able to join? Do not hesitate to share this job description within your network!