Volt - right job, right time, right now
Volt provides award-winning contract and permanent recruitment services, and managed service programmes. We have grown our services to provide innovative staffing solutions across a range of industries and skill areas, including IT & Telecoms, Digital Entertainment, Engineering, Finance and Life Sciences.
Our vision is simple: connecting talented people and respected companies across Europe.
Volt Europe - IN Operational Engineer
For our partner based in Brussels, leader in the Belgian Telco environment, we are looking for an Operational Engineer.
The INC Intelligent Core domain is covering all of our clients' Intelligent Network services. This includes the engineering as well as the operational responsibilities.
- You will have to:
- Preventive maintenance of all the Live User Test platforms & services (LUT) and Production platforms & services that are directly managed by the IN team: Huawei OCS, Huawei NGIN, LMPG (Micropayment GateWay, internal development)
- Maintenance of OCS & NGIN prod and test environments: Main tasks are the cleanup of logs, files, databases, make sure that cleanup scripts are running fine, built new cleanup scripts
- Further automation of these preventive maintenance tasks
- Follow-up of the error reports resulting from preventive maintenance tasks towards our suppliers (Huawei & Artilium)
- Participate in On Call 24/7 team shift rotation
- Provide expert knowledge to solve complex problems.
- Details O&M tasks:
- Daily follow-up of the alarms and events created by respective platforms & services
- Creation of error reports towards our suppliers in case of issue resulting from the preventive maintenance tasks
- Make proposals for new or improved preventive maintenance tasks based on incidents that occurred and implement these proposals after approval
- Make proposals to further automate the existing preventive maintenance tasks and implement these proposals after approval
- Assist the IN team and other teams further down the network in case of complex IN related network problems or major failures.
Examples of services in scope of the team
- OCS: Online charging system
- Pay&Go: Prepaid services
- 0800 & 0900 services: free numbers
- MVNE: Mobile virtual network enabler
- Voice Managed Services:
- One company number
- Emergency services
- Wireless Office
- FMU: fixed mobile unification
- Good knowledge of the platforms supplied by Huawei
- Huawei OCS/NGIN product knowledge: (order of importance top to bottom):
- Offline MDS (meaning the CDR processing Huawei mediation, not the Huawei OCG)
- Protocol knowledge:
- ISUP and SIP optional
- Required skills:
- Unix - Linux scripting
- SQL scripting
- Protocol tracing (nr7 and IP) and interpretation & analysis of these traces.
- Make Huawei itraces
- Make Huawei etraces
Languages: English is mandatory // Dutch or French is a plus
- Job location: Brussels
- Start Date: ASAP
You think you have the required skills for this role? Feel free to send me your updated CV and contact details in order to discuss further about this! Currently on a mission, therefore not able to join? Do not hesitate to share this job description within your network!