Volt - right job, right time, right now
Volt provides award-winning contract and permanent recruitment services, and managed service programmes. We have grown our services to provide innovative staffing solutions across a range of industries and skill areas, including IT & Telecoms, Digital Entertainment, Engineering, Finance and Life Sciences.
Our vision is simple: connecting talented people and respected companies across Europe.
Volt Europe - Senior Java Developer
For our partner based in Brussels, leader in the Belgian Telco environment, we are looking for a Senior Java Developer.
We are looking for a Senior Java developer (Java 8) for a new Digital Marketing automation project. The main activity will be to integrate a variety of the client's applications and data sources with new marketing Cloud services from both Oracle (Eloqua) and Adobe (Audience Manager).
The developer will work in close collaboration with our domain experts, other technical teams and internal business customers. Daily tasks will include detailed design work, data model mapping, software development, testing and documentation. Contributing to project planning and estimation of your own work will be expected.
If the right candidate is found and can start on time, he/she will have the benefit of free training courses on the most advanced marketing automation products from Oracle and/or Adobe.
- Development of autonomous processes (driven by change notifications) to collect data values from one or more client's IT systems via their APIs and then mapping them into Cloud service data feeds.
- Development of periodic processes to extract data collected from one or more files originating from the client's IT systems and then mapping them into Cloud service data feeds.
- Development of other integration components between systems as needed.
- Do this work by taking into account: security, privacy, accuracy and performance.
- Participation in reviews, testing, acceptance, deployment and end-user support.
- Must Have:
- University qualification in software engineering or computer science.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience as a software developer.
- Hands-on Java development using frameworks (see LIST below).
- Familiar with data models, schemas, datatypes, attributes and data mapping.
- Understanding of one-way hashing and Personally Identifiable Information.
- Knowledge of Rest with JSON, and SOAP with XML interfaces.
- Familiarity with FTP/SFTP and file processing.
- Design patterns for asynchronous events, queuing, and producer/consumer.
- Integration via API management platforms such as WSO2.
- Very good verbal communication and documentation writing skills.
- General SQL knowledge.
- Nice To Have:
- Having worked with populating Cloud services would be an advantage.
- Experience with Jira for requirements management.
- Knowledge of General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Familiarity with Google's Publish/Subscribe Cloud service and Amazon AWS.
- Prior experience within the telecommunications sector.
- Prior experience with marketing automation integration.
- Any specific integration experience with Oracle Eloqua, Adobe Audience Manager, Adobe Target, Taktik Ozone, Tealium Tag Manager, Magnolia CMS or Salesforce.
- Systems we develop for: Linux, JBoss & Oracle DBMS on Solaris
Tools we use
- Atlasian Jira v6.4.11
- Imd V7.4 (Release Request Platform)
- Maven v3.0.5
- JBoss EAP v6.4.10
- Sonatype Nexus OSS v3.2.1-01
- SUN JDK 1.8 (64-bit)
- GitLab Community Edition v9.4.3
Frameworks we use
- Spring Boot 1.5.8.Release
- Apache Camel 2.20.1
- Apache Commons 2.6
- Spring WS Core 3.0.0.Release
- Spring Integration 4.3.12.Release
- Hibernate 5.2.12.Final
- Java Persistence API 2.0.0
- Jackson Databind 2.9.2
- JAXB 2.3.0
- Dozer 5.5.1
- Java Message Service 1.1.0
- Spring JMS 5.0.2.Release
- Mockito 2.12.0
- Log4j 1.2.17
- Ojdbc Driver 7
- Slf4j 1.7.25
- Flyway 2017.11.0
- Guava 23.5-jre
- Jasypt 1.9.2
- Drools 7.4.1.Final
- Spring batch 4.0.0.Release
- Job location: Brussels
- Start Date: ASAP
Do you think that you have the required skills for this role? Feel free to send me your updated CV and contact details in order to discuss further about this!
Currently on a mission, therefore not able to join? Do not hesitate to share this job description within your network!