For our client based in Brussels we are currently looking for a “IT Tester” for various applications in the fields of Settlement and Contract.
Writing test plans and test scenarios:
The mission consists in writing a test plan and test scenarios based on existing documentation and existing functionalities for the above mentioned applications.
All the documents are written in English and must be accessible by any European reader having a basic knowledge of English.
Preparing test data:
In some cases test data must be created before executing the test scenarios.
Executing the test scenarios
An important part of the mission is to execute the test plan / test scenarios (with the help of other testers) and to track the bugs before the deployment of the applications.
This must be done with efficiency in mind and within the planning of the team.
Follow up of defects:
Enter and follow the defects in our bug-tracking tools. Update and maintain the test documents with the results of the tests.
Achieving a high quality level in collaboration with the developers and the project leader will be the main goal.
- Have a proven experience of test plan / test scenario writing.
- Be able to work both autonomous and in a team.
- Have a critical mind and dare to challenge.
- Easily learn new technical matters with its own jargon
- Be able to understand simple technical IT concepts like: Service and Client application, Web Service, Protocol, etc.
- Have knowledge of databases and SQL Queries.
- Have experience in test automation by using GUI test tools which include a scripting language
- Have at least 1 year experience
- Knowledge of UML is a plus
- Experience with Jira ticketing system and TFS tickets is a plus
- Have a good knowledge of English (writing and speaking)
- Dutch and/or French is a plus
- Be willing to give a commitment for a longer period
This is a freelance mission with Contract on a one year basis, renewable.