As an Associate Software Engineer you will join our IT team (65+ developers) in the centre of Brussels.
An Associate Software Engineer fulfils the following responsibilities with moderate to significant guidance of more senior team members.
- Interpret business requirements with the assistance of Business Analysts and more senior engineers.
- Implement and test features based on the requirements and the technical designs written by more senior team members.
- Comply with coding standards.
- Collaborate with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborate with build and release engineers to prepare packages.
- Help investigate problems reported by clients.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major, Master's degree is a plus.
- An Associate Software Engineer understands object-oriented design and development.
- Able to work well within the constructs of an Agile development process, including Scrum, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Willing to learn new technologies; capable of self-directed learning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experienced in Development tools: Visual Studio.
- Experienced in Development Platforms: Microsoft Windows
- Additional familiarity with the following Application Frameworks & Engines is a strong advantage: ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, LINQ, Entity Framework, React, TypeScript
- Familiar with Databases: SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.