Compusearch will find you the best job.
Compusearch is an executive and direct search firm specialising for more than 24 years in all ICT related labour markets. We have offices in Zaventem, Hasselt, Zonhoven et Luxembourg.
Our goal is to present outstanding candidates to excellent employers and excellent jobs to excellent job seekers. Both for permanent employment and temporary assignments.
Compusearch is active in 5 ICT-related labour markets:
- ICT applications & development
- ICT systems, networks & infrastructure
- ICT project management & executive
- ICT sales & marketing
- ICT recruitment & human resources
Because we exclusively operate in these niches, we have built a unique expertise in these areas. We have excellent knowledge and understanding of these labour markets.
We are on the market since 1996 and have built an impressive customer base containing a lot of the Fortune 500 companies.
So if you are looking for a new direction in your career you can trust Compusearch to find you that position that you are really looking for.
Our consultants are psychologists or ICT/Sales/HR professionals and are experts in the fields for which they recruit. They have 5+ years of experience in ICT, HR or Sales recruitment. They are responsible for the whole process of recruitment from management of client accounts with analysis of the needs and definition of the job description till selecting the ideal profiles among the candidates. This guarantees you a perfect match at all levels, cultural, technical, personality... Of course these consultants will also do the follow up, once you started your new career at our clients.
Mainframe - Linux System Administrator
Our client is a major provider of outsourced IT related projects and services, based in Brussels.
- You will be part of the Mainframe team that is responsible for the support of the Legacy applications (Cobol / Natural / Adabas migrated from the BS2000 Mainframe) as well as the technical support and the day-to-day management of the Linux replacement platform;
- You will act as an expert for the Linux environment and develop and maintain the various scripts and configurations of the environment;
- You will manage, maintain and configure the tools Software AG
- You will take initiatives that ensure that the operation and follow-up of daily activities are automated as much as possible;
- You will participate in the various aspects of the management of the environment in collaboration with the other production and development teams : optimal management of the system, analysis of incidents and problems, system management for the users, analysis and programming of tools that simplify use , maintenance of the existing tools, updating of the documentation, informing the users about the new versions or changes, ...;
- You share sporadically the 24/7 duty shift with the other team members.
- You have at least a bachelor's degree in computer science;
- You have at least 10 years of extensive experience in maintaining a Linux environment and writing scripts (Shell, Python, PHP) and you can demonstrate that you can adapt so that you can propose and implement solutions inventively and quickly in this type of surroundings;
- Having same experience with the software AG (Natural, Adabas, SQL GateWay, EntireX, Entire Network, Natural One) and in the Cobol environment under Linux (MicroFocus Cobol, VisualCobol) is a strong plus;
- If you don't have the experience mentioned above, the you are prepared to follow a courses in order to get updated on this subjects;
- You can lead an investigation (log reading, investigation of event sequences) in a heterogeneous environment;
- You can draw up an analysis and recommendation in a structured and consistent way;
- You communicate smoothly, you adapt easily to your conversation partner and you demonstrate a sense of responsibility;
- You are fluent both in Dutch and/or French, you have at least some basic knowledge of both Dutch and French.
- A workplace in the headquarters located close to a major railway station in Brussel;
- A challenging job in a fast growing and dynamic IT organization;
- An employer with a clear social benefit and a well-defined strategy, with focus on a healthy work-life balance;
- An intellectual challenge, including the possibility to follow relevant training courses and qualifications, both internally and externally;
- A competitive salary package included several fringe benefits included group- & health insurance, meal vouchers, telework, fully reimbursed cost of transport with public transport etc.