For one of our major clients in the insurance sector, we are looking for a BI Data modeler/engineer.
The key missions of a BI data modeler/engineer are
- Understanding the functional domain of a business line
- Master the applicative BI domain of a business line
- Organization and moderating workshops with the business client in order to define their business needs
- Gathering the business requirements and define solutions with the client
- Being able to plan and follow up projects
- Designing the different data patrimonies and keep it coherent in time
- Assessing new tools, new technologies and methodologies
- Creating and updating the functional documentation
- Explaining the functional contents of the projects to the development team (link between users and the development team)
- The monitoring/control of the functional design (logical data, functionalities and controls) of the applications of his business domain
- Validating the deviations needed in the design and controlling they are documented
- Ensuring the respect of the company functional and technical design standards
- Definition of best practices and patterns to be applied in his application context and documenting and maintaining them
- Helping to define the testing approach of the projects with the clients
- Testing of new developments or changes of existing functionalities
- Languages: English, French & Dutch (one fluent the other one basic at least)
- Ideally University graduate “Master” in information Science, Management or Industrial Engineer or Professional bachelor
- Structured and pro-active
- Pragmatic and result oriented
- Hands on and problem solver
- Stress resistant
- Quality driven
- Demonstrated ability to work in a small team setting
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence)
- Client friendly
- Experience in data modelling and functional analysis
- Experience in star scheme modelling through projects
- Good knowledge of insurance processes and of BI principles to support these
- Strong interest for business process analysis
- Project management experience (planning, communication)
- Experience in functional enterprise modelling and architecture
- Thorough experience in data modelling techniques trough projects
- Understanding development life cycles
- Good organizational skills with demonstrated ability to deliver data oriented projects on time and on budget
- Experience in data modelling via Erwin
- Mastering scheduling principles and techniques
- Detailed understanding of SAS (Base, DI, EG) development and tabular models on SSAS through experience
- Knowledge of SQL Server and SSIS
- Good computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft BI Tools such as PowerBI.
- Experience with cloud and on premise architectures and setup
- Mastering scheduling principles and techniques (Ctrl/M)
- Thorough understanding of corporate practices, processes and standards and their impact on project deliveries
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.