The Contraste Europe Group builds strong relations with its clients. It offers a range of IT services such as: Advisory, Solutions, Applications and Infrastructure. The Group's sector focus is with finance, utilities, public institutions and non-commercial organisations. We are operating on three countries located in Belgium, Luxemburg and France.
For one of our major clients in the Bio-Pharmaceutical sector, we are looking for a System Administrator.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining the networked computer system, including Hardware, system software, data Storage, applications and Telco
- Sustaining network integrity, server deployment, and security (internal backups, access controls, VPN gateways and intrusion detection systems, Firewalls...)
- Diagnosing and resolving Hardware, software, networking, and system issues and outages when they arise
- Replacing and upgrading defective or outdated components when necessary
- Monitoring system performance to ensure everything runs smoothly and securely
- Researching and recommending new approaches to improve the networked computer system while anticipating prerequisites, consequences and side effects
- Providing technical support when requested
- Documenting IT infrastructure, assets, software implementation and any processes which employees need to follow in order to successfully work within our computing system
- Set up employee accounts and IT requirements
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or related fields, or equivalent relevant experience
- Knowledge of our computer OS (Windows, MacOS and Linux) and server OS (Linux)
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (Azure)
- Professional certification or completed training programs are a plus
- Prior experience as a systems administrator, or in the IT department
- Prior experience with networks, databases and patch management
- Strong knowledge of security issues and ways to prevent them
- Knowledge of the best practices, software and processes in the industry
- Excellent problem-solving aptitude and analytical skill
- Ability to prioritize a wide range of workloads with critical deadlines and manage an IT project from end to end
- Able to evolve in a fast-moving environment and bring innovative thinking
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of coding and computer languages to create scripts
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- OS: Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- Infrastructure: Local with vCenter and Cloud on Azure.
- Networking: Firewall, VPN, IPsec, Switch, DNS, DHCP & Meraki administration
- Web technology: Apache or NGINX
- DB technology: MySQL & MongoDB
- Nextcloud administration
- Ansible & Inspec
- Icinga (Monitoring tool)
- Python (nice to have)
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.