The European Commission is looking for an IT Support Manager for one of their directories.
- Organisation and implementation of support of information systems.
- Provide guidance regarding on the use of information systems.
- Maintain and update user support information on Wiki sites and collaborative sites.
- Management and follow-up of user requests.
- Conception and management of presentations and specialised IT trainings for end users.
- On need (not the main task): participation to manual testing of information systems.
Education and Technical Expertise
- Proven knowledge in end-user assistance or support for information systems.
- Good general IT skills.
Excellent knowledge of ITIL
- Excellent communication / writing skills.
- Ability to give presentations and specialised IT trainings for end users.
- Ability to carry out manual testing of information systems.
- Ability to work in an international/multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in the use of service manager tools (e.g. SMT).
- Experience with issue and project tracking tools (e.g. Jira).
- Experience with the use of Wiki and collaborative sites.
- Experience in preparing user support documentation.
- Experience on 2nd level support of information systems.
- Experience with preparation and providing IT trainings.
- The consultant has to be fluent in English.
- Documents will be written in English.