Be part of a strong, embrace the change, make the future happen!
Our customer is a medium size financial institution. An organization where you will work 360 degrees and have impact & responsibilities. The ideal organization size as they are small enough to care individually and big enough to offer top challenges and allow you to have impact! They are a strong team of analysts, developers working in DevOps & Agile.
In terms of challenge mentioned here above, by joining them, you will be allowed to work on one of the biggest challenge on the Belgian financial market at the moment with many new project and initiatives taking place to enhance current system, to shape a new Bank, ... Now is the good moment to join them and make a unique milestone in your career!
One challenge and a few needs - Which challenge for you?
Our client is looking for several profiles to strengthen his team, but the urgency is on finding their future Lead Java Developer. This being said, would you have an interest or someone in your network with expertise in Technical Analysis in Java J2EE to analyse user needs, translate them into a technical design and validating the developed solution. - feel free to reach out in direct.
The main objective
Responsible for the design, development, construction and operational management of software, independently or in a team, whether or not on a project basis. In charge of the continuous maintenance, and the improvement and optimisation of the software in order to guarantee quality to end users. In addition, ensuring the availability and performance of applications in accordance with the agreed SLAs, using the monitoring to be set up and through participation in the ITIL processes.
- Converting needs into specifications, both functional and technical, in a detailed information or analysis document in order to provide a solid basis for further processing and implementation.
- Coding of the specification, both functional and technical, into a specific technological solution with respect for content, quality, performance and availability within the specified time frame.
- Finding and detecting errors and problems in order to deliver properly functioning applications.
- Maximum automation of his team's various tasks and dependencies with other teams in order to optimise the predictability of the result with optimum efficiency. This includes version management, build, integration, test, deployment, release, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- Drawing up documentation, reports and recommendations in order to provide line management and senior management with the necessary information.
- Ensure the support and resolution of Incidents on Applications of the team, including the underlying Infrastructure. Identify and resolve recurring or significant Incidents (Problems). Documenting solutions for Incidents and enriching the Knowledge Base in collaboration with Service Desk.
- Implementing the operational context necessary for the operation of the applications
- Exchanging ideas and expertise, internally and/or based on best practices from the external market, with colleagues within the department in order to contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the tools, methods and working procedures.
- Taking end-to-end responsibility with the team for the performance and availability of the applications.
- Drawing up the project specifications, taking into account business strategy and integration with other projects within or outside its domain
- Defining priorities in understanding complex information (e.g. analysing problems, defining users' needs, etc.) and defending the results of this information processing, taking into account business strategy.
- Managing a virtual team of internal and external testers, coordinating testing with business
- Troubleshooting, structural incorporation (by design) of best practices to prevent known problems and defects, and guaranteeing the availability and performance of the applications under the responsibility of the team.
- Determination of the standards for quality documentation relating to ICT-related developments and processes/procedures
- Creating support for best practices in evolutionary software development and management (frameworks, refactoring, ...).
- Creation of support for best practices with regard to automation of development paths (development pipelines)
- Introducing new integration methods and standards
- Ensuring optimal release methodology
- The references are in the domain, both technically and functionally
- Creating support for best practices
- Deciding on the 'what', 'why' and 'how' and developing a clear vision of an ICT product or service
- Leading and coaching of colleagues or externals within a certain project
- Advising the person responsible on complex cases and convincing employees about ICT-related innovations
- Stimulating cooperation within the ICT department
- Identify and respond to risks that may have an impact on ICT, both from a business and technology perspective
- Training, coaching and mentoring of colleagues to ensure the quality of work and further develop competences, skills and know-how
- Ensuring knowledge acquisition and knowledge sharing, and being vigilant about the risks and regulations related to the known disciplines.
- Viewed by the network as a reference (GO TO person), internally and externally.
- You have a Bachelor or Master in IT with several years of relevant experience in Java J2EE development.
- You have a good command of the second national language (NL or FR).
- You have a thorough knowledge of the Java programming language, HTML/CSS and SQL.
- Experience with JEE development and frameworks such as Struts, Hibernate, JPA and Maven are necessary.
- You are a real team player and maintain good communication with your colleagues.
- You are someone who shows initiative and works with the necessary logical knowledge.
- You are willing to receive regular training in the strongly evolving programming languages.