Elmos - Software Engineer Coach
To guarantee the uniformity of work among the various local and international project teams we have an Application Technology Services team that supports our developers in the broad field of software engineering. That includes every facet ranging from software design/architecture to development process and methodology.
To strengthen our team in Belgium, Ghent we are looking for an additional software engineering coach :
- As a developer you work on the development and maintenance of various components and frameworks for use during the entire software life cycle. These components are used by our broad and international developer community.
- Related to software design and architecture you take a coaching role towards the development teams, you drives forward the adoption of new technologies, and you steer the application of coding standards, best practices and guidelines.
- You think along with the developer community about the future IT architecture, design, tools and frameworks.
- You are jointly responsible for the local support in our development hub in Ghent.
- You consider quality and standards to be of paramount importance, you will be involved in numerous IT projects to actively promote our ALM processes and frameworks.
- You have a passion for IT, are permanently open to acquire new knowledge and love to share this instantly with others.
- You have an in-depth working experience and expertise in the Microsoft developer platform based on Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (Agile/Scrum, TFVC/GIT, Build & Release management)
You have experience with one or more of the following programming languages and tools:
C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WPF, WCF, REST API, Entity Framework, SQL Server, NuGet, Sonar, etc.
- You understand the current market standards like DDD, TDD, MicroServices, CQRS, event driven design, ... and you are able to introduce these concepts into the organization.
- You have an eye for market trends like Cloud, DevOps, Containers etc.
- You can empathize with the role of the developers you support, and you are able to diagnose and address complex issues.
- You are and will remain always critical, and you are open to change
- You are socially skilled, diplomatically set, communicative, and a real team player.
- You have a good practical knowledge of Dutch and English.