About The Challenge
For one of our highly technological customers, Melexis, we are looking for a Data Engineer. For this position you will be a key player in building up the future data architecture of Melexis and in realizing a multitude of data and AI related projects.
You will become an expert in state-of-the-ART data infrastructure (capturing, analysing, maintaining, ...) and be part of the team responsible for designing and building their hybrid cloud data infrastructure, data pipelines, processing systems and BI & reporting platforms.
We are looking for a data wizard who's ready to learn even more about data infrastructure and loves to play with Lego. Which is really useful, since you will be doing a lot of building!
Apart from your Lego mastery you have also obtained the following skills
- You have a bachelor or master degree in IT (or equivalent by experience) with preferably 5 years of experience in a similar role
- You have a practical knowledge of and experience with data processing, BI and data engineering technologies, tools and platforms (e.g. SQL, ETL using e.g. Talend Data Studio, Tableau, QlikView, Presto, Spark,...). Relational and dimensional database modeling experience and knowledge of data warehousing and databases is also a necessary asset.
- You have already worked with structured as well as unstructured data sets. Hands-on Python programming skills are desired. Linux and Shell scripting knowledge is recommended.
- You are results, customer and quality oriented and you have good communication skills in English.
- Above all, you like to have fun!
We are not a recruitment agency and we are not a consultancy agency either. We're a different breed. We are tech talent integrators and this is how we roll...
- You become part of the Exellys community (we pay you, while your career takes off) but you are working on a challenging project for our client.
- You get a personal career coach, access to technical trainings and are encouraged to obtain certificates to match your needs and ambitions.
- After two years, you'll get the opportunity to work for the client as a permanent employee (they pay you, while your career is accelerated).
Sparked your interest? Want to know more about the job? About Exellys? About our remuneration package? You know what to do... Hit the apply button and become excellent!