Experis is a dedicated business unit of ManpowerGroup - a world leader in employment services for over 70 years. At Experis, we operate in over 50 countries worldwide, deploying more than 38,000 skilled professionals every day. This is why over 80% of the Fortune Global 500 turn to us for the professional talent that will set them apart. Experis IT specializes in recruitment and selection of IT profiles.
For our client, located in Antwerp, we are looking for a IT team lead Manufacturing Applications
The Manufacturing applications team is responsible for the lifecycle of manufacturing operations related systems. Example domains: Production planning & scheduling, manufacturing execution systems (MES), warehouse management (WMS), shop floor logistics, quality management, plant maintenance, industrial automation applications, manufacturing KPI Business Intelligence, etc. A specific focus is expected regarding industry 4.0 concepts (Digital twin, IoT and Data projects).
- You know your customers and your value proposition. You talk to several companies and their departments to understand their IT needs. You are their key single point of contact. You define a solution for a business problem, this together with your team members, and other supporting people or services. Understanding the business processes is crucial in this role. In this function you will report regularly on different levels within the organization. You help in establishing short and long term IT roadmaps.
- You lead the team and activities within the manufacturing domain.
- You have accountability for the applications in scope. This with regards to roadmaps, ongoing projects, as well as day-to-day operations. Hence, you will have both operational and budgetary responsibilities. You demonstrate good communications and negotiation skills as you also need to interact with suppliers. You make sure your scope is in line with business and IT strategy.
- You lead projects from feasibility study to closure. You work in close cooperation with different people (like key users, project members and management) to analyze the business requirements in scope and to translate them into IT solutions that can be developed or implemented. You guarantee a qualitative delivery in line with agreed timing and budget. You make an aftercare structure available for your projects.
- You know your workforce. You are an excellent people manager. In your role as Team Leader you will manage a team consisting of technical and functional people. You show the ability to develop team competences, coach your team members and coordinate team activities. You will have team members, onsite as well as offsite, either internal or external.
- You work in an international environment and will be in contact with people of different nationalities. Occasional travel may be required. You will report to the IT Competence Center Manager.
- You have a university degree in business, engineering, economics, informatics or equal by experience
- You have very strong analytical skills
- You have an excellent level of English
- Dutch language skills are considered as a strong asset
- You have at least 5 years of experience in project management
- You have at least 3 years of experience in application governance and support
- You have at least 3 years of experience in people management
- You have a proven track record within the domain of manufacturing or supply chain
- You have a strong ability to communicate, build relationship and influence others inside and outside IT
- Experience in .NET/Java development projects, MES, WMS, ERP, SAP, BI are strong assets
- You have strong leadership skills
- You can work under pressure and are flexible
- You have a proactive attitude and always strive for continuous improvement
- You are able to cooperate with different levels in the organization, with different people and cultures
- You are a strong communicator with excellent presentation skill
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.