DATA SCIENCE ENGINEER - MECHELEN (BELGIUM) - FREELANCE 12 MONTHS+
My client based in Mechelen is looking for a Data Science Engineer to contribute to the expansion of data pipelines within their big data platform. Immediate start.
- You will join an agile team with the mentality of a startup.
- In addition to the technical development of pipelines, you can also understand how to get value from this data.
- You can first gain explorative insights and build production-worthy models.
- Design, build and deploy a set of batch data applications in spark / azure batch.
- You have experience with technical integrations and you can think / build with this (API, event based, pipeline scheduling and transaction handling...).
- You will be on-site 4 days per week in Mechelen with 1-day remote working.
- Knowledge of data science and machine learning algorithms so that you can ensure that your data deliveries are ideal for building models.
- Experience in workflow management and job scheduling of data loads (airflow, azure data factory).
- Experience in real time data streaming and processing is a plus (azure functions / event hubs / streaming analytics).
- Experience in cloud Azure is a plus. General cloud experience is a must.
- Knowledge of ETL for large data sets on distributed systems.
- Advanced knowledge in programming languages ??(python, sql, hcl, ...) and in exposing data (API, sql server, event streams, ..).
- Fluent in English. Dutch is desirable.
- LOCATION: Mechelen
- DURATION: 12 Months+
- START DATE: ASAP
If you wish to be considered for the position available, please e-mail an up to date CV with a contact number to: Charles.firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +32 (0)2 320 12 57. Please feel free to pass this advert on to other suitable candidates.