We are looking for somebody with knowledge of Scrum, for the daily coordination and motivation of all team members. This also includes the monitoring and reporting of the operational costs (man-days) & delivery progress.
Ensuring the proper application of the Scrum methodologies is important but the focus of this role is on delivery, achieving the result with the team.
This will also require answering questions, solving problems, building bridges between the different stakeholders, representing the team towards management and acting as a SPOC for important alignment meetings such as the "Scrum of scrums”. For this, having a hands-on approach & a big interest in analysis and/or development is crucial.
- 1. Coordination:
- Lead and coordinate the daily activities of the various team members
- Organize and conduct team meetings
- Plan activities
- Reporting information to the Strategic projects on a regular basis e.g. Velocity calculation, reporting of the operational costs (man-days) & PM reporting
- Monitoring of your team activities or help the team in self-monitoring
- Help the team to become more effective, efficient and productive
- 2. SPOC and communication:
- Take charge of the request of the principals (applicants) and the "solution analysts" (=Business/Functional analysts) and act as a sounding board when questions or problems arise around analysis, development.
- Representation of the team towards management (Sprint reviews)
- 3. Application of a working method & processes: Ensure that the team follows the working methods & agreed processes to carry out the work, also supervise the team.
- 4. Facilitate the validation processes for the input delivered:
- The PO will decide on the scope of the Sprints, the Scrum master takes care that the involved stakeholders, validate the information, align on the scope and timing to go to production & into a release.
- In case of new questions/versions asked during a sprint, the Scrum master communicates whether it will be done in that sprint (and what are the consequences for this sprint) or the next sprint + will get the formal validation by the impacted stakeholders on the changes in priorities.
- Must have:
- Language: multilingual: NL - FR - EN: Good communication skills in Dutch AND French, with excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Certified Scrum Master and proven experience as Scrum Master (at least 4 years' experience as Scrum Master)
- Knowledge of Prince 2 principles to understand our Hybrid Agile methodology (Prince 2 + Agile)
- Can work in a flexible, consultancy minded learning environment, with different methodologies, various nationalities, partners,...
- Able to get to know the organization and the culture rapidly
- Proactive personality
- Strong communication skills
- Strong reporting skills
- A supportive leader: strong in people management, being a part of the team while strengthening the team
- Able to motivate team members
- Support on setting priorities for the team, ability to challenge the work priorities, clarify must haves and nice to haves for the team, discuss delivery and proposed deadlines when needed, assertive yet diplomatic approach
- Nice to have:
- Experience with Jira
- Experience in the insurance industry
Min. 6 months, with opportunity for extension and space to evolve in the function